icon springs are noisy ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess it’s an inherent issue with any progressive rate rear coil

Adil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have icon springs at the back with king 2.5 with reservoirs. i can hear the noise whenever i go beyond the normal speed on bumps. i do have the oem isolators.

never had this issue when i had ram runners progressive springs in the past.

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I swear it's the top 5-6 coils almost touching at rest. A quick hit to the rear causes them to click together.

I wonder if it will go away for you guys with a bed loaded up enough to have the top close coils touching solidly. I moved some firewood across my property yesterday and had the bed loaded pretty good. The girlfriend stood in the bed and jumped up and down with the wood in there and I could not hear the clunk any more. I could previously hear it when someone jumped in the empty bed.

Unfortunately, the rear control arm bushings were squeaking like crazy while she was jumping! Gah.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swear it's the top 5-6 coils almost touching at rest. A quick hit to the rear causes them to click together.

I wonder if it will go away for you guys with a bed loaded up enough to have the top close coils touching solidly. I moved some firewood across my property yesterday and had the bed loaded pretty good. The girlfriend stood in the bed and jumped up and down with the wood in there and I could not hear the clunk any more. I could previously hear it when someone jumped in the empty bed.

Unfortunately, the rear control arm bushings were squeaking like crazy while she was jumping! Gah.

Sure it wasnt the brake cables where they attach to the control arm?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went through all my body mounts believing i had one loose, i torqued them down a little more from whatever they were at before with a big long braker bar, clunk is still there when going through a speedbump.

OP
OP
yousef

yousef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so after all the true is icon springs are noisy

BigJb14sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue. 2014 Sport with Bilstein 5100s and the Icon +1's. The springs only make the noise traveling between 15mph and 25mph with sudden bumps or pot holes. The best way to describe is a springly clang noise. So this may be a common concern with these springs.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is one solution for about $4, but you can get more creative if you wanted. i'm just showing what needs to be done to make them quiet if the noise really bothers you that much.:)
https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1972480/

Icons are still the longer springs there are for about 1.5" lift that can run 0-3" longer that stock shocks, and if you browse into Bruiser's thread, how many other springs can provide that kind of offroad performance and still carry 1000lbs of weight like that ?

OP
OP
yousef

yousef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here is one solution for about $4, but you can get more creative if you wanted. i'm just showing what needs to be done to make them quiet if the noise really bothers you that much.:)
https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1972480/

Icons are still the longer springs there are for about 1.5" lift that can run 0-3" longer that stock shocks, and if you browse into Bruiser's thread, how many other springs can provide that kind of offroad performance and still carry 1000lbs of weight like that ?

I saw your solution... just want to do the same and all ready planning to have a 4 icon shocks 0.2.5" front and 0-3" at the rear ... Nick told me it will be a day and night different on and off road