Icon Stage V shocks/ springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bump.......updated price......$1000+ shipping
You could send them to Icon and have them rebuilt and have around $1500 into a $3k+ set of shocks!
+3" front and 1.5" rear lift

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wow.......bump....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bump.......I really can’t believe these are still here.
Guess I’ll foot the bill and send them to Icon for a rebuild. I figured somebody would rather do this and save the extra money, guess not.

I’m very surprised at this. I’ve been transparent about their condition and figured I’d pass on a decent deal to somebody else. I guess people would rather brand new for $3k+??

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think you might have better luck once these are services and ready to be installed

Maybe.
It’s stupid though, someone could make out nicely. I’m not going to sell them so cheap if they’re fresh from Icon.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Maybe.
It’s stupid though, someone could make out nicely. I’m not going to sell them so cheap if they’re fresh from Icon.

I've been following this post just out of curiosity. I bought my ICON 2.5 front/2.0 rear back in July, before you made this post. Had I not done that, I would've at least made you a good offer for these. None of this helps you today, but I'm also surprised that you haven't sold these yet. It's a good setup and deal.

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been following this post just out of curiosity. I bought my ICON 2.5 front/2.0 rear back in July, before you made this post. Had I not done that, I would've at least made you a good offer for these. None of this helps you today, but I'm also surprised that you haven't sold these yet. It's a good setup and deal.

Yes, I think it’s a hell of a deal for someone who is looking for these.

Happy new year!

Jacob Maguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
my 1500 is air ride equipped and just under 90k in age. Also, new tires are soon to be needed and I’ve considered legitimate lift options to find high costs.

If I were to convert to conventional using your hardware, what else would be needed (new tires aside)?

Also NJ located

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
my 1500 is air ride equipped and just under 90k in age. Also, new tires are soon to be needed and I’ve considered legitimate lift options to find high costs.

If I were to convert to conventional using your hardware, what else would be needed (new tires aside)?

Also NJ located

Honestly, I don't know about the air ride part.
But these will just go in place of the OEM struts and shocks/ springs. They're bolt in. Depending on year and how high you're going to put the struts, I would think about putting UCAs as well.

You are in the same county as I am, I am on the border of Ocean and Monmouth counties.

Mike

Jacob Maguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Mike,
Thanks for the response; My office is in Wall Twp and work has me travelling between Union City and Atlantic City. Unless you perform the work yourself, who do you use? Any good performance shops around? I'm looking at Monmouth Truck Equipment in South Toms River (also a location in Shrewsbury).

Basically, I need someone familiar with these components, replacing the Air Ride and achieving a marginal lift to ultimately accommodate 35s. I'm concerned about pushing the components too far out of spec and stressing the system(s).

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!
JJM

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mike,
Thanks for the response; My office is in Wall Twp and work has me travelling between Union City and Atlantic City. Unless you perform the work yourself, who do you use? Any good performance shops around? I'm looking at Monmouth Truck Equipment in South Toms River (also a location in Shrewsbury).

Basically, I need someone familiar with these components, replacing the Air Ride and achieving a marginal lift to ultimately accommodate 35s. I'm concerned about pushing the components too far out of spec and stressing the system(s).

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!
JJM

I'll be honest, it's really just replacing the struts, shocks, and springs. If you're going to crank them up as high as they go, I would think about getting UCAs as well. The installation of those parts can be done by most shops out there, performance/ truck shops and regular repair shops, you'll also need an alignment once everything is done.

I know there is a place in Toms River which is pretty highly regarded and there's also Krazy House Customs in South Brunswick on route 1.

Have you read through the whole thread? I am just making sure that you know that at the very least the one rear shock will need to go to Icon for repair. This repair will total about $100, $50 for the part. What you do with the others is up to you. I personally would just send the one shock out to get fixed.

Jacob Maguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I've read the thread in it's entirety. Also, went to a few shops this weekend to which every shop said they will not touch the truck unless it's for a BDS 4" Air Ride kit. Thoughts of a higher truck are fading and I'm kicking myself for going with Air Ride. Stock dimension replacement tires soon to be ordered : (

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may be interested if still available I’ll let you know ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I’m surprised I was able to pick these up with how long they were available! It was such a great deal, got a $3300 kit for 1/3 the price, can’t beat that! Everyone that passed on this really missed out!

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Man I’m surprised I was able to pick these up with how long they were available! It was such a great deal, got a $3300 kit for 1/3 the price, can’t beat that! Everyone that passed on this really missed out!

I'm glad you are happy with it!
Enjoy it brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.