Idler pulley (torque spec) & Clutch fan delete (what's the purpose)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you cant tighten a bolt as simple as a idler pully by feel without a torque wrench you probably shouldnt be working on your vehicle just my 2 cents.:Big Laugh:
When I was observed using both my inch pound and foot pound torque wrenches whilst building transmissions at the dealer, I was lambasted and put down. Funny thing, though... I had low single digit recheck/ comebacks, and even fewer troubles that ever came back to workmanship, while the blowhards had many. many more.

When bolts go into soft aluminum, the torque specs are very critical. Perhaps you have calibrated hands! ;)

I think Archimedes was onto something, eh?

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I was observed using both my inch pound and foot pound torque wrenches whilst building transmissions at the dealer, I was lambasted and put down. Funny thing, though... I had low single digit recheck/ comebacks, and even fewer troubles that ever came back to workmanship, while the blowhards had many. many more.

When bolts go into soft aluminum, the torque specs are very critical. Perhaps you have calibrated hands! ;)

I think Archimedes was onto something, eh?
I think they call that torque "elbow"