If You Like Your Jeep . . . . . . You soon won’t be able to buy one, thanks to California’s EV mandate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gettinshifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
********* California. I have an old Toyota, registered in Kansas, that had its cat stolen while visiting a friend in Colorado. Not only could I not find any local shops to fix it for me without buying the California approved cat, I couldn’t even order a 48-state legal magnaflow cat to a Colorado address. Contacted a dozen sellers, along with a copy of my up-to-date Kansas registration, and still none would do it. $1500 cat on a $3000 vehicle, even for a non-resident tourist, ******* ridiculous

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I agree... Fsck Commiefornia... That state and it's ridiculous mandates have been the "tail wagging the dog" for far too long... If the auto manufacturers would grow a pair and simply stop selling vehicles in Cali, I'm betting the resident's uproar would bring that crap to a stop really quick!

EchoQuill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If the auto manufacturers would grow a pair and simply stop selling vehicles in Cali, I'm betting the resident's uproar would bring that crap to a stop really quick!
The people of California deserve representatives who truly embody their interests and values. It is time for a profound change in their political landscape, from local council members to the highest office of the governor. Their politicians must be held accountable and work diligently for the betterment of the people, rather than the other way around. It is difficult to believe that even the most disillusioned Californians who elected these individuals into power intended to subject themselves to such an overwhelming barrage of restrictive laws, mandates, and measures. The time has come for Californians to assert their strength and conviction, to stand up for what is right, and demand a government that serves the will of the people. Together, they can reclaim their voice and restore the principles that have made California a beacon of hope and progress.

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I lived a good portion of my life in California, and my wife was a native. I became politically conservative in my late fifties when I developed an interest in hunting and firearms. We both wanted out of California due to the increasing levels of crime, the restrictions on firearms ownership, the high taxes, etc. We left in 2014 and have had no regrets.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I lived a good portion of my life in California, and my wife was a native. I became politically conservative in my late fifties when I developed an interest in hunting and firearms. We both wanted out of California due to the increasing levels of crime, the restrictions on firearms ownership, the high taxes, etc. We left in 2014 and have had no regrets.
I was born and raised in CA, and worked in LE for most of 30 years there. It used to be a wonderful state to live and grow up in, but things started going horribly wrong back in the 90's. When I retired in 2013, I had already bought a house and property out-of-state and was actually here and living in it before my terminal vacation was up. My wife also retired from the state, so we took our not-small state pensions, my Navy pension, and our SS's and bailed out like rats from a sinking ship. Which it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I was born and raised in CA, and worked in LE for most of 30 years there. It used to be a wonderful state to live and grow up in, but things started going horribly wrong back in the 90's. When I retired in 2013, I had already bought a house and property out-of-state and was actually here and living in it before my terminal vacation was up. My wife also retired from the state, so we took our not-small state pensions, my Navy pension, and our SS's and bailed out like rats from a sinking ship. Which it is.
Nice bird collection, and dog, in your profile!

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice bird collection, and dog, in your profile!
Thanks, I'm an avid waterfowl hunter. That was a couple years ago, it was a great day! The dog (Ranger) is gone now, cancer got him not too long after that picture was taken. It about killed me to put him down and I haven't gotten another dog since so I've missed the last two seasons.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My neighbor has a 87 that he LS swapped while in Cali and he said it was just awful the loops he had to jump through to get it on the road. Luckily Texas is very laid back.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I agree... Fsck Commiefornia... That state and it's ridiculous mandates have been the "tail wagging the dog" for far too long... If the auto manufacturers would grow a pair and simply stop selling vehicles in Cali, I'm betting the resident's uproar would bring that crap to a stop really quick!
I have said this for years. If the manufacturers had banded together back then, they could have nipped CARB in the bud.

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
********* California. I have an old Toyota, registered in Kansas, that had its cat stolen while visiting a friend in Colorado. Not only could I not find any local shops to fix it for me without buying the California approved cat, I couldn’t even order a 48-state legal magnaflow cat to a Colorado address. Contacted a dozen sellers, along with a copy of my up-to-date Kansas registration, and still none would do it. $1500 cat on a $3000 vehicle, even for a non-resident tourist, ******* ridiculous
I have a 2007 Ram 2500 Cummins. There are no CARB approved cats for this truck. Fuuny how thbe 49 state cats do just fine but when yuo cross that line they are inferior? All Californian's including liberals have to see the incompetence generated out of Newsom's posse.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The people of California deserve representatives who truly embody their interests and values. It is time for a profound change in their political landscape, from local council members to the highest office of the governor. Their politicians must be held accountable and work diligently for the betterment of the people, rather than the other way around. It is difficult to believe that even the most disillusioned Californians who elected these individuals into power intended to subject themselves to such an overwhelming barrage of restrictive laws, mandates, and measures. The time has come for Californians to assert their strength and conviction, to stand up for what is right, and demand a government that serves the will of the people. Together, they can reclaim their voice and restore the principles that have made California a beacon of hope and progress.
Then again, sometimes the voters get the type of government they deserve.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 91733 miles.

djsapr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 HD 4x4 Laramie | Exterior Billet Silver / Interior Mountain Brown & Light Frost Beige
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
California has the 8th largest economy *in the world.* The marketplace always wins out. I am not losing any sleep over any of the other hand-wringing from people outside of California about how bad the state is or will become.

raksasa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The State of California has determined that your comment causes cancer

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
California has the 8th largest economy *in the world.* The marketplace always wins out. I am not losing any sleep over any of the other hand-wringing from people outside of California about how bad the state is or will become.
Unfortunately, there is a whole list of states that accept California rules. Thse are listed in the WSJ article linked to in post 1 and include my state of MN.

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Guys, please knock off the political commentary. Everyone knows the RF rules.

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
Tulecreeper, I also love my ducks. In Texas its a big deal. Also have had 4 labs, all mine make 12-13 years and thats just bout it. the mud here gets them. My last was a yellow. also very hard day. BTW drive a 03 diesel 2500 4x4. paid for. couldn't afford new ones

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye