If You Like Your Jeep . . . . . . You soon won’t be able to buy one, thanks to California’s EV mandate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tulecreeper, I also love my ducks. In Texas its a big deal. Also have had 4 labs, all mine make 12-13 years and thats just bout it. the mud here gets them. My last was a yellow. also very hard day. BTW drive a 03 diesel 2500 4x4. paid for. couldn't afford new ones
This is mud in N. CA where I hunted for years - this was taken at low tide. He was a great dog. Twice he did a double fetch for me, bringing back two birds at one time. I think he was just lazy and saving himself the extra swim. ;)

Attachments

• 20120114_Pond5 002.jpg
    20120114_Pond5 002.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 11

Bulldog2022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I lived a good portion of my life in California, and my wife was a native. I became politically conservative in my late fifties when I developed an interest in hunting and firearms. We both wanted out of California due to the increasing levels of crime, the restrictions on firearms ownership, the high taxes, etc. We left in 2014 and have had no regrets.
In my prior like, I spend a lot of time mainly in the LA area. Most of the residents that live in Ca have never been to close local states that have the same thoughts, have never been out of Ca. They are brain washed by their elected officials. My opinion, born and raised in Mississippi.

Gary Hill22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L diesel
Just ran across this article on the Wall Street Journal. I am sure there will be implications for truck buyers, too.

I escaped The People's Republic of California 18+ years ago and never regretted it, especially when I renew my vehicle license for $29. Crazy liberals have gone off the deep end.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Live in Delaware which Goosesteps with the California CARB nonsense and we would follow under the same rule of limited access to Jeep vehicles being sold in state. Supposedly the loophole of buying out of state and bringing back in of a 50 state legal emissions vehicle is allowed.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I escaped The People's Republic of California 18+ years ago and never regretted it, especially when I renew my vehicle license for $29. Crazy liberals have gone off the deep end.
It's even cheaper here - $22 for two vehicles for 3 years = $3.60 per vehicle, per year. They love their military here.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was born and raised in CA, and worked in LE for most of 30 years there. It used to be a wonderful state to live and grow up in, but things started going horribly wrong back in the 90's. When I retired in 2013, I had already bought a house and property out-of-state and was actually here and living in it before my terminal vacation was up. My wife also retired from the state, so we took our not-small state pensions, my Navy pension, and our SS's and bailed out like rats from a sinking ship. Which it is.
Smart couple U 2 be.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
man thanks for that photo, that my friend is some really bad mud. but that God for labs that have a desire to please.
Yep, he was a great dog. The lab before that was almost as good, just more hard-headed.

Yeah, that particular area was pretty bad when the tide was out. On the other hand, even though it was tidal the majority of the birds were puddle ducks - Widgeon, teal, Gadwall, the occasional Pintail, etc. - and not scaup, Bufflehead, and the like. I just had to time it right so I didn't get caught out in the boat too long after the tide started to recede or I wouldn't make it back to the ramp until next high tide. One time - once - I almost waited too long and had to pull up the motor, get out, and tow the boat behind me because it was too shallow to run. I must have walked a half mile up a skinny slough against a knee-deep outgoing current until I got to deep enough water again. Lesson learned. If I had waited another 15 minutes before picking up I would have had to stay out until midnight when the tide came back in again. Never cut it that close after that.

I looked up your area. Where do you hunt down there? It seems like you're surrounded by city.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Under this new policy, customers in these states can still purchase ICE vehicles. However, Stellantis will only send ICE vehicles to these states if an order has been placed, eliminating the option for customers to choose an ICE-powered model from outstanding dealer inventory.

So, yes, you can still buy your Jeep in CA.

Conversely, in states that follow emissions rules set by the federal government, Stellantis will not ship electrified models to dealers unless a customer has already placed an order.

And you can still buy an EV version in other states. You just have to order it. Somehow I doubt we get a hand wringing thread about that, though.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ran across this article on the Wall Street Journal. I am sure there will be implications for truck buyers, too.

first of all, i cant read that arrticle unless i subscribe. Not doing that.

Second, buy it from another state. Screw CA.

PeteTPuma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We live in California, love living in California, and will probably retire in California (the only thing I don’t like is the cost of housing in our area). I love the direction the state is going with the hybrid and EV push. If you don’t, that is fine.

I love driving my Ram and love the sound of my hemi when I start it up, but at some point and time I know that I will have to move on. By that time the hybrids/EVs will be better and so will the charging network.

Though I have a reservation for the Ram REV, and I am really looking forward to it, most likely we will not be ready to buy when it comes out.

If you don’t like living in California and you don’t like where the state is going, that is fine. But the majority of us in the state do, and though we have many problems (every state does), we are proud of our diversity, economy and the electric vehicle future our politicians are taking us to.

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
first of all, i cant read that arrticle unless i subscribe. Not doing that.

Second, buy it from another state. Screw CA.
That was a copy free link, so you should be able to read the article.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
That was a copy free link, so you should be able to read the article.

WSJ IP logs and only allows so many accessible articles in a given time period to that IP. Go over the limit and it redacts asking one to subscribe.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you don’t like living in California and you don’t like where the state is going, that is fine. But the majority of us in the state do, and though we have many problems (every state does), we are proud of our diversity, economy and the electric vehicle future our politicians are taking us to.
So you think it's OK for the government to tell you what you can and cannot buy? Unbelievable!

PeteTPuma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
California is not mandating what I can buy. They are mandating what can be sold. I can go buy a new 2036 Ram TRX with a supercharged hemi in Nevada, Oregon, Arizona if I want to.

It will probably have extra registration fees and gas taxes will probably be increased, but if I really want to keep driving an ICE vehicle, then I have to accept that. Or I can move.

But, like every other state that makes laws and rules that affects their state, California is mandating that all new vehicles sold within the state after 2035 must be electric or hybrid. And, yes, I am fine with that.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
California is not mandating what I can buy. They are mandating what can be sold. I can go buy a new 2036 Ram TRX with a supercharged hemi in Nevada, Oregon, Arizona if I want to.

It will probably have extra registration fees and gas taxes will probably be increased, but if I really want to keep driving an ICE vehicle, then I have to accept that. Or I can move.

But, like every other state that makes laws and rules that affects their state, California is mandating that all new vehicles sold within the state after 2035 must be electric or hybrid. And, yes, I am fine with that.

Wow. Good on ya.

Not often I read one is OK with high taxes, high fees, high registration, limits on what can or canNOT be purchased, even driven on CA roads (CARB)...

Skipping the endless lunacy, as some might call it politics.

Again, good on ya. Someone has to pay. It is a personal choice.