ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jp44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 semi hemi
replacing coil packs, plugs, and wiring. 3rd gen 1500, 4.7. looking for harness type wiring that connects to packs, but having a pretty hard time.
Screenshot 2023-03-21 9.50.12 AM.png

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats wong with the plugs going to your coils? If the wires are messed up thats one thing but if its just the clip there are ways to hold the plug on.

OP
OP
J

Jp44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 semi hemi
Whats wong with the plugs going to your coils? If the wires are messed up thats one thing but if its just the clip there are ways to hold the plug on.
Just old, I'm having problems with misfire. replacing coils, connections, plugs etc. might not need to replace all of it but I am.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just old, I'm having problems with misfire. replacing coils, connections, plugs etc. might not need to replace all of it but I am.
Have you looked for any codes ?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Coil plugs are not like spark plug wires they dont rly go bad like mentioned above did you scan the truck? what cylinder is missfiring? 4.7s are known to missfire for many reasons coil,plugs,rocker arm fell off,timing jump if the guides where never done ect would be a good idea to run a compression check to.

OP
OP
J

Jp44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 semi hemi
Coil plugs are not like spark plug wires they dont rly go bad like mentioned above did you scan the truck? what cylinder is missfiring? 4.7s are known to missfire for many reasons coil,plugs,rocker arm fell off,timing jump if the guides where never done ect would be a good idea to run a compression check to.
they may not be the problem, just replacing them along with other parts.