I'm a New member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamahen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 & 2015
Engine
Eco Diesel & Cummings Diesel
I would like to thank you for letting me join this forum. I have had a 2015 Eco Diesel since Oct 2016, been a great truck, most comfortable one I have ridden in. (keeping it for time being) Just this past week I purchased a 2015 2500 Cummings Diesel, felt I needed a little more power to pull my 5th wheel. So I am asking for a bit of "tire advice"!! The truck has 92K miles on, so upon checking dates on the tires seems all were made in Dec 2014. I am under the impression then that these are the original tires. They look in great shape, lots of tread, no dry rot on outside, but they are 5 years old! Don't know if I should trust them to pull my trailer clear across the US, or put new Michelin's on. The current ones are Firestone Transforce HT, anyone have good luck with them?

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to thank you for letting me join this forum. I have had a 2015 Eco Diesel since Oct 2016, been a great truck, most comfortable one I have ridden in. (keeping it for time being) Just this past week I purchased a 2015 2500 Cummings Diesel, felt I needed a little more power to pull my 5th wheel. So I am asking for a bit of "tire advice"!! The truck has 92K miles on, so upon checking dates on the tires seems all were made in Dec 2014. I am under the impression then that these are the original tires. They look in great shape, lots of tread, no dry rot on outside, but they are 5 years old! Don't know if I should trust them to pull my trailer clear across the US, or put new Michelin's on. The current ones are Firestone Transforce HT, anyone have good luck with them?

Welcome a very good forum, with nice people and great info. I'm not sure about brands, but all i can tell you is i have a 5 year rule on tires, 6 max. No matter the tread. Now i don't know if heavy duty type truck tires are different, but for cars and 1500s. I'm not going longer than that.

Hopefully others will chime in on this. Again welcome!

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Welcome aboard! Those Trans-Force tires are pretty crappy from the get go. I had a set on my 2014 HD and got stuck in the snow in my driveway which is flat. If they don't have weather cracking, they're probably still good enough to use, but it would be in your best interest to get something new sooner rather than later anyway.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome