I'm about to order a new 2022 Rebel Ecodiesel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why is it people who usually have never owned a diesel feel the need to "parrot" what they read about "how expensive" it is to own a diesel? The one I liked the best was how expensive DEF adds to the operating cost which by the way is somewhere around $0.001/mile, you can add 100 times that while driving a Hemi just by heavy footing the skinny pedal.
Most of the complaints which is usually all you read about on forums are from the Gen2 EcoDiesel platform, the OP is buying a Gen3 which so far have very few mentions of problems.
This is response to the above:

There are a lot more issues with Ecodiesels than any other RAM engines.
I am not talking about Cummins. Those are solid units.

Roy Barcroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Idon’t know about a lot more issues than other RAM engines.
I bought a ’14 EcoD and put 65K trouble free miles on it before the wreck (NO, the diesel didnt cause the wreck, I was rear ended)
I bought a ‘16 EcoD and sold it last month with 128K miles. Again, troublefree miles. We used it to pull a 3500 lb trailer and I guess it was behind the vehicle for a third of the time.
I just ordered a ’22 Limited EcoD.

Again, I don’t know about a lot more issues than other RAM engines.

Kenobi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel
This is response to the above:

There are a lot more issues with Ecodiesels than any other RAM engines.
I am not talking about Cummins. Those are solid units.
Ecodiesel 1st and 2nd gen - hit and miss. 3rd gen - to be seen but it's been heavily reported how much better they are.