I'm not happy with Method Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you removed a wheel? Are there any numbers cast/stamped/etched on the inboard side that could prove real or fake? Perhaps Method could guide you in that regard? My MIL was in the export division of a US manufacturer, and they went to great lengths and expense to track down counterfeiters and bootleggers.
Damn, never even considered the possible counterfeit angle.....everywhere, nowadays.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Damn, never even considered the possible counterfeit angle.....everywhere, nowadays.

It's a constant issue in much of the world and especially in the ME. There's very little in the way of enforcement. I bought ball joints for my Isuzu Trooper and they immediately broke as I was backing up. I got the box from the mechanic and it was counterfeit. I had to order from the only Isuzu place in Doha to be reasonably guaranteed OEM parts. Bootleg movies, fake watches, branded clothes, etc. are openly sold. Brand names are used without regard to ownership (Lexus fruit stand, for example).

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
@Docwagon1776 Yeah.. I think I've seen that fruit stand. LOL

My absolute favorite is "It's OK", a fruit shop in Jordan on the outskirts of Amman. I'm not sure if they understood the English translation or they were being super honest. How's your fruit? Eh, it's ok.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My absolute favorite is "It's OK", a fruit shop in Jordan on the outskirts of Amman. I'm not sure if they understood the English translation or they were being super honest. How's your fruit? Eh, it's ok.
We have the "Eat & Drink" restaurant. Every time I pass by that place, I keep wondering, "what else do you do in a restaurant?".

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
We have the "Eat & Drink" restaurant. Every time I pass by that place, I keep wondering, "what else do you do in a restaurant?".

I've got a picture of Joker Fruit & Vegetable on my old computer. It's in Qatar, out on the highway between Doha and the Saudi border but I don't recall where exactly. I lived in Doha for 2 years, and have spent a decent amount of time in Jordan, along with a small amount of time in Bahrain and Oman. I never visited the UAE other than flying through.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Dont know how long you have had them but I would be going back to the dealer and insisting on an exchange for proper wheels. He sells this stuff all the time, he is well aware of the issues. Let him fight it out with the maker over warranty, he has a lot more stroke than you do.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Docwagon1776 I've lived in Dubai pretty much all my life. I've had friends who moved to Doha and then come back to the U.A.E. They claimed that its dull over there; nothing like Dubai. Of course with the Fifa World Cup going on over there in Doha right now, I'm guessing its getting a little bit more better.

@Dean2 I went back to the retail store about 2 weeks ago. I showed him the wheels. He said that he doesn't have spares or replacements. He would have to order them and get them for me, and it would cost me as he doesn't give a warranty on the wheels.
Plus it didn't help that one of them had recently been curbed and scratched by my brother when he borrowed the truck one day.

I shared photos and even a video of the wheels to the guys at Method Wheels. They didn't really say whether it was a counterfeit wheel. I'm sure that if it was counterfeit, Steve would have said so immediately. Especially with the video showing how easy the caps snap on and come off.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
@Docwagon1776 I've lived in Dubai pretty much all my life. I've had friends who moved to Doha and then come back to the U.A.E. They claimed that its dull over there; nothing like Dubai. Of course with the Fifa World Cup going on over there in Doha right now, I'm guessing its getting a little bit more better.

@Dean2 I went back to the retail store about 2 weeks ago. I showed him the wheels. He said that he doesn't have spares or replacements. He would have to order them and get them for me, and it would cost me as he doesn't give a warranty on the wheels.
Plus it didn't help that one of them had recently been curbed and scratched by my brother when he borrowed the truck one day.

I shared photos and even a video of the wheels to the guys at Method Wheels. They didn't really say whether it was a counterfeit wheel. I'm sure that if it was counterfeit, Steve would have said so immediately. Especially with the video showing how easy the caps snap on and come off.
Well, sounds like one really crappy retailer. I would definitely out him in all the Facebook and Google etc venues you can find.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, sounds like one really crappy retailer. I would definitely out him in all the Facebook and Google etc venues you can find.
Certainly would be something, however its not going to stop him nor affect his business. Such antics are pretty much what you can expect from many of these wheel and tire shops here in U.A.E.
From the moment I saw his face, I knew that there was no point in me standing there and trying to talk about consumer rights to an Iranian; especially when his English was not so great and my Hindi was limited.
I've got nothing against Iranians or any nationality. Its just that the business practices over here are about the same as what @Docwagon1776 described.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@EdGs I have been in contact with Method and a guy named Steve has been pretty helpful. I don't know if they plan on sending me any replacements free of cost.

@danielmid I honestly don't know why mine came with snap-on caps. I'm actually beginning to wonder if there are any such things as duplicate Method Rims.
Grabbed a closer pic on my dog walk tonight, definitely have a cap with screws
PXL_20221125_012020980.jpg

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@danielmid You certainly do. Looking at the pics I posted in the first one, the caps look the same, but I can tell you that the screws you see in mine are fake. The caps actually snap on.
So new center caps is probably the fix then

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Walked into a rim and tire shop the other day, saw a Rim.. It looked absolutely perfect IMO..

It was from Black Rhino.. I came out and did a bit of searching on their website.

https://fitment.blackrhinowheels.com/fit-details?diameter=17.00&year=2014&make=RAM&model=1500 (LIFTED)

The one that I like is called the Arsenal Matte Black.
I wonder how they are compared to Methods.

The only thing is that I need a wheel that has 4.5" backspacing to fit the BDS lift. According to Black Rhino, they do have a wheel that will fit, but it is a 17x9.5 with a 4.54" backspacing. Would that fit?

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update:
Sorted out the center cap issue on my Methods with these stainless ones. They actually look great.
6B55015E-C5CF-460D-A67B-A5F95A7C5F6B.jpeg137FF404-84E1-4338-8260-E154B953D368.jpeg

I will probably go for the Rhino wheels with a -18 offset at a later stage. But so far, these will do nicely.
Don’t know why Methods give us that plastic rubbish when these are nicer.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So got new tires installed after I put on the lift.
The shop installed tires. After that on the highway, the truck vibrates when I go over 100 kph. After the lift, I drove on the old tires for a month and never faced this vibration.
Figured that this was a wheel balancing issue, took it to the same shop, they took wheels off and checked the balancing of all the tires. They said the rims were damaged or warped a tiny bit on the inner part. They said that was the reason for vibration.
I haven't taken the rims off road at all.. Now they're damaged? How could Method rims get damaged and warped like that?
84befa87-bfb8-40e3-8d58-5a0432cd2142.JPGIMG_3817.jpgIMG_3824.jpgIMG_3825.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The tire shop can easily damage or tweak rims if they don't know what they are doing removing and installing tires. If they were perfectly smooth running with the old tires, what besides the tire change could have affected them.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tire shop can easily damage or tweak rims if they don't know what they are doing removing and installing tires. If they were perfectly smooth running with the old tires, what besides the tire change could have affected them.
Interesting.. I chose this shop to install the tires because I've just them before. Their work is always great. My friend had high performance tires done for his Audi A7 here as well. Never had any issues like this before with them.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well, I would have asked if the new tires possibly had belts that were out of alignment but you said the tire shop said the issue was the rims themselves. I can't think of anything else that would tweak the rims between the time the old tires came off and the new went on.

Last edited: