I'm not up the lastest shorties!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the lifetime warranty and can only go with shorty headers. I thought JBA's were the way to go, but not sure if recently there is anything better? Any help or insight would be great.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the lifetime warranty and can only go with shorty headers. I thought JBA's were the way to go, but not sure if recently there is anything better? Any help or insight would be great.

From what I’ve understood (far from expert) when I looked into this for my 2016 with lifetime warranty is JBA and Kooks are top choices. Others such as BBK are reported by others to not last and you read a lot of had to do the job twice and woulda been cheaper with higher quality brand the first time type of thing. I feel there was a thread recently in engine section here about BBK where a couple guys posted they recently went with Kooks and are very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Kooks shorties are the most expensive but you pay for the best.

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had Kooks headers before. It was on a Mustang and they were shorties. Very good quality. Definitely better than JBA and BBK.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i saw this and started looking (building my dream wishlist lol). on kooks website their shorties are basically $1100 (natural finish), i pulled up summit and they are $837 (natural finish).

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
i saw this and started looking (building my dream wishlist lol). on kooks website their shorties are basically $1100 (natural finish), i pulled up summit and they are $837 (natural finish).

Yeah, that's why I ordered mine from Summit. Ordered on 3 August, expected ship date 21 September (from Kooks). That's a long time, but it is getting closer!!

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, that's why I ordered mine from Summit. Ordered on 3 August, expected ship date 21 September (from Kooks). That's a long time, but it is getting closer!!

i ended up ordering them today also, i think my screen said either 9-21 ship date or 10-12 ship date. i'm looking forward to them. this will be the first time i've ever done something like this on a truck i have a warranty on (also have lifetime) i'm hoping i wont get any pushback on any warranty repairs if they ever come up.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
These continue to get solid reviews outside of a few home mechanics not having the proper tools.

Purchase a swivel and ratcheting 10mm combo wrench.

POWERGO MOTORSPORT 1353403840 1-3/4 x 2-1/2 inches 304 Stainless Steel Shorty Headers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X3SHNYP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cCuxFbWHV1K44

The Kooks will provide a better flow through however as they match the OEM 2.5” collector diameter.

brad_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These continue to get solid reviews outside of a few home mechanics not having the proper tools.

Purchase a swivel and ratcheting 10mm combo wrench.

POWERGO MOTORSPORT 1353403840 1-3/4 x 2-1/2 inches 304 Stainless Steel Shorty Headers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X3SHNYP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cCuxFbWHV1K44

The Kooks will provide a better flow through however as they match the OEM 2.5” collector diameter.

WOW! I read a few of the bad reviews and you're right they're only bad because of the persons own fault not being prepared. They give low stars because they are hard to install. Unreal!

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
I have PowerGo Motorsports shorties on my 2011 and absolutely love them. While I agree you get what you pay for I think these are an exceptional value and they appeared to be of very high quality. Even my cousin who is a licensed lead welder for Boss snowplow here in Iron Mountain looked at them and commented on the quality of the welds. Time will tell....

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have PowerGo Motorsports shorties on my 2011 and absolutely love them. While I agree you get what you pay for I think these are an exceptional value and they appeared to be of very high quality. Even my cousin who is a licensed lead welder for Boss snowplow here in Iron Mountain looked at them and commented on the quality of the welds. Time will tell....
How do you like them now?

smitty21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighhorn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I also have the PowerGo motorsports headers on my 2013 bighorn. I have had them on for almost a year now and then are doing well. I will really be able to tell after the go through there first IL winter.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what we have seen AFE and Kooks are the best shorties. The JBA shorties would be a distant 3rd but still a decent option.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the PowerGos. Dropped them off at PolyDyn today to have them ceramic coated with their rust inhibiting primer. Will be a week or so to get them back, and then maybe another week or so after that before I can get them on the truck.