In An Accident Tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

adboyd06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Assuming the vehicle is not totaled, I will definitely be suing for diminished value. I spoke with the shop this afternoon they have started the tear down and the rep that that there is a bent upper rail and lower rail damage. They will know more information tomorrow morning when the frame guy inspects it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Assuming the vehicle is not totaled, I will definitely be suing for diminished value. I spoke with the shop this afternoon they have started the tear down and the rep that that there is a bent upper rail and lower rail damage. They will know more information tomorrow morning when the frame guy inspects it.

Hope it works out in your favor.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Hope that inspection is "setup and measure" not just eyeballing it. An eyeball, tape measure and a tram gauge are nice but a computer laser with targets are dead on accurate.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn dude. I'm glad you're OK. I feel you on getting your noggin' rocked. I was in an accident a year ago, every time I drive by the spot, my heart rate goes up because I almost died that night.

Hope you can fix your truck, that looks super nasty, don't be like me and refuse to see a doctor. I'm OK now, but I sure as hell could've used some pain medication, and some stitches. Lol. Mom slapped me for using superglue :p Mom's an RN.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Damn dude. I'm glad you're OK. I feel you on getting your noggin' rocked. I was in an accident a year ago, every time I drive by the spot, my heart rate goes up because I almost died that night.

Hope you can fix your truck, that looks super nasty, don't be like me and refuse to see a doctor. I'm OK now, but I sure as hell could've used some pain medication, and some stitches. Lol. Mom slapped me for using superglue :p Mom's an RN.

Lol, we used glue in the ER all the time.

TA462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing in your favor is that wrecked trucks are in high demand for dismantlers. Insurance company's auction off wrecked vehicles and the way yours looks its worth easily over 15 grand just in parts. Insurance company's look at that when they decide to write off a vehicle or not.

OP
OP
A

adboyd06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
The truck is going to be fixed. $14,000 in damage and about a month to complete. Still not sure how I feel about it, hoping for a quality repair and this shop is known for it. Will get the process rolling tomorrow for the diminished value suit.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hope everything works out for you. I have a buddy who has a F250 (steel body). He got into a wreck with an old Chevy Astro van. The Astro was driveable. The F250 had 43K worth of damage. The truck wasn't totaled, I'm assuming because the prices of the F250 are high as a giraffe's ass. The frame was bent but the it was changed out in the repair..Glad you wasn't injured..

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you and others are okay !! Two Dodges - damn but yep the Journey is a total and insurance will just replace it and some yard will make a mint on the motor and transmission dash and all. You'd be surprised how tough those front ends are. Saw one up in a shop a friend on mine owns/runs, similar damage as your, with NO engine damage, no frame damage, but did get radiator support and parts of suspension etc. With new hood, fenders, and all the other stuff (also black, that diamond pearl black or whatever it is called now) That job came to just shy of $10K. Good luck getting your fixed right and back on the road.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hopefully the other driver had insurance.
I’m going thru that right now, twice. 1st was in May and the other drivers insurance is fighting mine & the 6 other claims.

The 2nd was this past Thursday on my wife’s 3 week old Grand Cherokee the driver could supply insurance on.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The truck is going to be fixed. $14,000 in damage and about a month to complete. Still not sure how I feel about it, hoping for a quality repair and this shop is known for it. Will get the process rolling tomorrow for the diminished value suit.
Question on the diminished value thing. Down here - Central Texas - id this once on a Chrysler 200C. The insurance company of the fella at fault paid the diminished value for the repaired car as part of the overall claim, i.e. over and above the damage repairs, rental cars, etc. So where ever you are you have to file something separate? Never did this before so was new to me and am curious. The state declared the 'salvaged' value I believe and the insurance company paid the difference between the new salvaged value and what would have been the nearly new used value. Humm.. thanks

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
I have seen so many in my day it depends on many things what happens , will the doors close normal ? like other man said did the body shift ? so sorry for your accident but as long you and you passengers are ok everything can be replace just not you

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

How was the fram checked ? A good body shop will make look and drive like new. I would bet it will be fine.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're OK adboyd06.
What is it with these idiot MI. drivers??? Look what a MI. teen age girl did to mine:

Turtle1.r_zpsgzbkq65o.jpg

Diminished value lawsuit? Uhhhh, no...
In a no fault state like MI., it ain't gonna happen. You'll get your deductible paid by the Ins. Co. of the person who hit you in a mini-tort claim, but that's probably the extent of it...
Regarding the air bags not going off, I'm in physical therapy because the driver's side curtain airbags didn't go off on mine either.
Your lucky your truck wasn't totaled. Mine cost me @$11,000 to get into a 2016 model after my above 2013 was totaled.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question on the diminished value thing. Down here - Central Texas - id this once on a Chrysler 200C. The insurance company of the fella at fault paid the diminished value for the repaired car as part of the overall claim, i.e. over and above the damage repairs, rental cars, etc. So where ever you are you have to file something separate? Never did this before so was new to me and am curious. The state declared the 'salvaged' value I believe and the insurance company paid the difference between the new salvaged value and what would have been the nearly new used value. Hmmm.. thanks

Go to this URL and read:
https://www.carprousa.com/how-do-i-collect-my-diminished-value

Also google: Texas Diminished Value, all sorts of info there ref TX laws

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I hired a lawyer when I was hit from behind this past March. It was the other drivers fault since I was stopped at a traffic light, red light at the time. His insurance company wanted a whole lot of information from me, like my medical records, and such as if they wanted to accuse me of the accident. I was lucky, as I wasn't badly injured, other than my lower back still gives me trouble most days. My truck was also not badly damaged since the receiver hitch took most of the hit, so my bumper and brackets were replaced. Hiring of at least speaking with an attorney would be a good idea.

IMG_0302_LI.jpg