Inez 4/6 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I talked to a shop local to me about putting the 4/6 drop on my 2014 RCSWB. They said they would have to cut my frame which I didn't think that was necessary. Can someone tell me if they are right or not?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you order from IHC, select the moog ball joint upgrade. Several on the Ram FB page have had failures with whatever brand IHC uses.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I talked to a shop local to me about putting the 4/6 drop on my 2014 RCSWB. They said they would have to cut my frame which I didn't think that was necessary. Can someone tell me if they are right or not?
As indicated, by 1Sloram you cut the upper control arm brackets off the rear diff and you remove the bump stops from the rear frame. You do not in any way cut the frame.

The bump stops have two small tack welds that once you get through one you can use a hammer or pry bar to move the cup enough that the 2nd tack weld will eventually break off the frame.

As to the upper control arm brackets on the rear diff, they are removed and replaced by the brackets in the 4/6 kit that bolt to the brackets for the lower control arms.

the company that said they had to cut the frame, to install does not know what they are doing and I would find some one else.

I installed mine by myself with a drill, a Sawzall and hand tools. It took 2 weekends. I weekend for the front and 1 weekend for the back. It could have been done in one weekend but I took my time as I'm 62 years old.

The instructions on the website are better now than they were previously. You can download them for free. I recommend you read them

OP
OP
Mike Townsend

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anybody have any recommendations for an installer in the DFW area that can do this for me the right way?

OP
OP
Mike Townsend

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for this. Are there any others around in this area? I figure there is but I want to make sure I find one that knows what they are doing.