Inez Control Arm Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Started hearing a pop when I would accelerate from a stop and the rear end would get squarely when rolling and hitting the accelerator to the floor. Jacked the truck up and noticed the driver side rear lower control arm adjusting nut on the IHC Suspension control arm was loose. Went to tighten it up and the nut would never tighten, but would extend the length of the control arm. Contacted IHC via email, but no response. I'm guessing my problem is why these aren't listed on their website anymore.

https://youtu.be/6D3ltwDqEvs

Attachments

• 686A5211-925E-4B9A-8F04-FD32F728A574_1_105_c.jpeg
    686A5211-925E-4B9A-8F04-FD32F728A574_1_105_c.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 30

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The thought of this failure on my own truck has always terrified me. Glad you caught it like this! I have Core 4x4 on mine, hopefully won't have any issues like this.

Can't quite tell from the video, what failed? Corrosion? The threads on the joint side look like they taper down, almost like 1 or 2 are still good towards the nut.

Attachments

• thread.PNG
    thread.PNG
    403.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thought of this failure on my own truck has always terrified me. Glad you caught it like this! I have Core 4x4 on mine, hopefully won't have any issues like this.

Can't quite tell from the video, what failed? Corrosion? The threads on the joint side look like they taper down, almost like 1 or 2 are still good towards the nut.

The threads inside the tube are gone. I have no idea how that happened. I had IHC install the no cut brackets and control arms a couple of years ago.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The threads inside the tube are gone. I have no idea how that happened. I had IHC install the no cut brackets and control arms a couple of years ago.
A good welder could fix it,another option is to hunt up a heli-coil the proper size,that's if Inez doesn't warrenty the arm

natehate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i don't think id feel comfortable with a heli-coil there.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
i don't think id feel comfortable with a heli-coil there.
Techinically a heli-coil is stronger then a threaded bbung,but if Inez won't warrenty it,you could hunt up another nut the same size as the nuts on the threaded link,and either weld it,or have it welded onto the end of the arm