Inez cut kit or NON cut kit. 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inez Hotrods 09-18 Ram 1500 Rear Control Arm Brackets (CUT-KIT)

Truck has a 2/4 lowering kit, control arms sit at a horrible angle, I know if I do not address this my track day will be bad, lol. My question is does the cut kit make the control arm sit closer to the ground (giving it a better angle) compared to the non cut kit?
Or is the cut kit just to free up clearance between the truck and axle? Any and all help is appreciated....also is there any other brand out there other than Inez I can use?
2016 ram 1500 regular cab.

20201227_174218.jpg

20201227_174456.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Inez Hotrods 09-18 Ram 1500 Rear Control Arm Brackets (CUT-KIT)

Truck has a 2/4 lowering kit, control arms sit at a horrible angle, I know if I do not address this my track day will be bad, lol. My question is does the cut kit make the control arm sit closer to the ground (giving it a better angle) compared to the non cut kit?
Or is the cut kit just to free up clearance between the truck and axle? Any and all help is appreciated....also is there any other brand out there other than Inez I can use?
2016 ram 1500 regular cab.

View attachment 232027

View attachment 232028

I think it also moves the upper arm down,but don't quote me on that,lol. My Illicit brackets move both arms down. Jason Duria was mumbling about somebody building another option besides Inez for brackets,but that was probably 6 months ago now,and i haven't heard any updates since then. As far as i know at this moment in time,there's only the Inez versions.You can track Jason down on Tuned Rams on facebook and check with him though.I know Kyle Tingle told me awhile ago he was going to be testing out a couple versions of brackets,and i'd hazard a guess one of those sets will be the ones Jason was talking about

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
OP
Josh22855

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They look good Josh.Do you have access to a small mig welder,if you do,it doesn't hurt to put a couple tack welds on them to keep them from moving around on the bolts,it'll also cut down on your bolt maintence

Very good idea, yeah I have a buddy with a mig welder. I did trans fluid and filter replacement today(amsoil), that would have been a perfect time to have tacked them brackets also....

Bluestarrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the Inez no cut brackets on my 2016 for the sake that it would allow the truck to be returned to stock in the future if desired. The brackets do relocate both arms. These brackets in conjunction with sphon adjustable track bar and track bar relocation brackets makes rear geometry almost perfect and ride quality very nice. If you use the Inez brackets, removal of the rear bump stops as they instruct is a must, the complete bump stop not just the rubber portion.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the Inez no cut brackets on my 2016 for the sake that it would allow the truck to be returned to stock in the future if desired. The brackets do relocate both arms. These brackets in conjunction with sphon adjustable track bar and track bar relocation brackets makes rear geometry almost perfect and ride quality very nice. If you use the Inez brackets, removal of the rear bump stops as they instruct is a must, the complete bump stop not just the rubber portion.
After you removing the metal cups, did you install shorter ones?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I left my bumpstops , no issues here. Only bottomed once. I know if you’re going 6” or lower you need to cut them off, but 4” drop doesn’t require to cut them. At least not with Belltech.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I left my bumpstops , no issues here. Only bottomed once. I know if you’re going 6” or lower you need to cut them off, but 4” drop doesn’t require to cut them. At least not with Belltech.
I wish I could say the same
With nothing in the box- Belltech 2/4 drop and Illicit no-cut brackets- I’m a little less than a 4” drop and am resting on the bump stops
Previous lowered trucks I’ve had seemed to ride a bit better with my tools in the back, maybe compressed the bump stops a bit more than just bouncing on them
When the weather changes and before I go back to work I may just remove them, not cutting anything out, and see how it rides
I got a few replacements to try if it rides better with them removed
D7FCCD17-6711-4174-82F1-03467BF7069E.jpeg

Bluestarrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I not only removed the rubber, but also removed the pockets from the frame. My truck bottomed out everyday on the road i live on before bump stop removal. No issues since.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I not only removed the rubber, but also removed the pockets from the frame. My truck bottomed out everyday on the road i live on before bump stop removal. No issues since.

Thanks, that’s good to know
Do haul much stuff around in the box?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe because I’m a single cab I don’t have those issues. I don’t haul much or often at all, could also be why.