Inez drop arm ball joint failed. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aramos3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lower ball joint on the lower control arm failed causing the wheel to collapse and crush the fender. I need to replace the ball joint ASAP is there an of the shelf part number I can purchase?

20200317_170812.jpg

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn/Longhorn Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
Buy from your local Ram dealer or hit Advance or Autozone. How many miles on the truck--unusual problem to say the least....

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it a factory lower control arm? I think factory just swaps the whole lower arm but you should be able to find a ball joint. If it’s aftermarket contact the manufacturer to see what part it is.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
A lot of ricers pay big money to get their civics slammed down in the dirt like that.

IMG_5510.jpg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The Inez kits come with the ball joint installed in the lower arm. Not sure if it an OEM size joint or other. Hit up the guys at Moe's in the vendor part of this forum. They sell Inez kits and are super nice guys always willing to help folks in this community.

It really sucks when your ball joint gives out while having your eyebrows threaded. ;-)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The lower ball joint on the lower control arm failed causing the wheel to collapse and crush the fender. I need to replace the ball joint ASAP is there an of the shelf part number I can purchase?

View attachment 198758

Seems to be a fairly common issue with Inez's arms these days.Think you're the 3rd guy I've heard of in the last 6 months with a ball joint issue with the Inez drop kits.I'd get ahold of Inez and yell,they should reimburse you for the ball joint in my opinion,i'd really yell if the tire damaged the fender and you need body work to repair it.

OP
OP
aramos3

aramos3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems to be a fairly common issue with Inez's arms these days.Think you're the 3rd guy I've heard of in the last 6 months with a ball joint issue with the Inez drop kits.I'd get ahold of Inez and yell,they should reimburse you for the ball joint in my opinion,i'd really yell if the tire damaged the fender and you need body work to repair it.[/QUOTE
Seems to be a fairly common issue with Inez's arms these days.Think you're the 3rd guy I've heard of in the last 6 months with a ball joint issue with the Inez drop kits.I'd get ahold of Inez and yell,they should reimburse you for the ball joint in my opinion,i'd really yell if the tire damaged the fender and you need body work to repair it.

Its definitely concerning as the drop arms are fairly new i probably only have 5k miles on them. Not sure what balljoints are installed from inez I'm replacing all of them with moog components. The liner is a goner, fender will need some paint and repair which i do.

RTRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's been several months since the ball joint catastrophe, so what was the final outcome. I've been thinking of using the INEZ system but having my doubts now, it is a good design but using inferior parts may be the issue. The ball joint you replaced, is it the same as INEZ used? I'm thinking if I do use this system I might replace the ball joints before installation and order his reinforced rear brackets as well, as the are prone to tearing.

mert34

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
only have their upper arms and driver side fit fine but passenger side was too narrow to fit. was off by almost 1/2 inch.