Inez Hotrods 4/6 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DERJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 3/6 drop on my Ram right now. I am having problems with rubbing the top of the wheel well liner on the left front and rear. Anyone also have this problem? I have a 2" belltech coil up front with one coil cut off to make the 3" drop. I have the belltech 4" coil in the rear with two coils cut off to make a 6" rear drop, also have the cut kit installed. This is what IHC recommend to do to get the 3/5 drop. The ride is great but it rubs every day, gets old after a while. Any help would be great.

Also I seem to be 3/8 lower on the left side, seems to be coming from the left front. I give up..

Yes, I had a similar problem on my R/T with the 4/6 drop and the factory 285/45/22s - I ended up raising the front up 1/2” since my tires were only 6 months old... not sure if this unique to the R/T or what...

I also had the same issue with the left side being slightly lower so I adjusted by cutting 1/4 less coil off that side when I swapped springs and took the Inez front arms off.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes, I had a similar problem on my R/T with the 4/6 drop and the factory 285/45/22s - I ended up raising the front up 1/2” since my tires were only 6 months old... not sure if this unique to the R/T or what...

I also had the same issue with the left side being slightly lower so I adjusted by cutting 1/4 less coil off that side when I swapped springs and took the Inez front arms off.

Its still low on the left side. 1/4 on the left front and 1/2 on the left rear. I just need to decide how much and where to cut next.

Measuring with all brand new 285/45/22 tires at 42 psi and on level ground in my garage.

32 7/8 left front
33 1/8 right front

33 3/8 left rear
33 7/8 right rear

Gona measure it again at a different location just to make sure.

My OCD is killing me, got to solve this problem!

IMG_0652.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Its still low on the left side. 1/4 on the left front and 1/2 on the left rear. I just need to decide how much and where to cut next.

Measuring with all brand new 285/45/22 tires at 42 psi and on level ground in my garage.

32 7/8 left front
33 1/8 right front

33 3/8 left rear
33 7/8 right rear

Gona measure it again at a different location just to make sure.

My OCD is killing me, got to solve this problem!

View attachment 195525

That's actually pretty good ,you can't really get it much closer on the front at a 1/4" difference,and the rear at a 1/2" is still good. Wait at least 6 months before you go to cutting again,that'll give everything time to settle .

brow1485

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any idea why I’m measuring 34 1/2” from ground to fender on my Inez drop up front. I’m running stock struts, springs and 20” tires. Others look much lower and much less fender gap even with smaller diameter tires than me. I’ve only put about 5 on miles since the install.

4723E2A5-1DC4-44EC-AB89-46A44DDC8B1B.jpeg

CD2A0872-83EC-4EE0-AACA-0DE3E63B2597.jpeg

7920F02E-1325-43F0-A063-871F03EFA9A2.jpeg

brow1485

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also does anyone have pics of the front axels with the truck on the ground? I’m trying to see if I can go lower without angle issues

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Also does anyone have pics of the front axels with the truck on the ground? I’m trying to see if I can go lower without angle issues

Your milege will take a hit if you go much lower on a 4X4, takes power to turn a CV once it's in a bind situation.Are you actually using it as a 4X4,if you don't use the 4X4,you can pull the axles and leave them out,bypassing any binding issues you might have from the CV's. My 4X4 has been running around for 5 years with no front axles or front diff,as it's a pavement toy that spends it's fair share of time on the dragstrip on the weekends

brow1485

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your milege will take a hit if you go much lower on a 4X4, takes power to turn a CV once it's in a bind situation.Are you actually using it as a 4X4,if you don't use the 4X4,you can pull the axles and leave them out,bypassing any binding issues you might have from the CV's. My 4X4 has been running around for 5 years with no front axles or front diff,as it's a pavement toy that spends it's fair share of time on the dragstrip on the weekends

I don’t regularly use it but I like the ability if i need it. I’m just going by measurements others have posted as they’re almost 2” lower than what I’ve achieved. I can’t just pull the shafts, can I?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I don’t regularly use it but I like the ability if i need it. I’m just going by measurements others have posted as they’re almost 2” lower than what I’ve achieved. I can just pull the shafts, can I?

Yup,i ran around for a couple months with out the shafts after discovering my truck was close to 2/10's quicker with out the front CV's,then finally dropped the front diff out to.To drop the diff,you need to unbolt the actuator and leave it plugged in and ******* out of the way.As long as you leave the actuator plugged in,you won't get any codes.The axles you can pull with out any codes showing up. The axles weigh roughly 20lbs each and are rotating weight so you might notice the truck seeming to be a bit quicker with out them.

brow1485

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup,i ran around for a couple months with out the shafts after discovering my truck was close to 2/10's quicker with out the front CV's,then finally dropped the front diff out to.To drop the diff,you need to unbolt the actuator and leave it plugged in and ******* out of the way.As long as you leave the actuator plugged in,you won't get any codes.The axles you can pull with out any codes showing up. The axles weigh roughly 20lbs each and are rotating weight so you might notice the truck seeming to be a bit quicker with out them.
Interesting. I’m not fluent in the 4x4 scene so was sort of expecting I fluid leak if I pulled the shafts. Thanks for the info.

Ducati47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it normal on the rear cut brackets to have a lot of clearance where the control arms bolt in to the brackets?

They didn’t include spacers for all the slack, so I just tightened them to get rid off the slack.

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used some washers from my scrounge bucket. It makes sense there would be extra space since the brackets attach on the outside of the OEM brackets but included washers would have been cool

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I used some washers from my scrounge bucket. It makes sense there would be extra space since the brackets attach on the outside of the OEM brackets but included washers would have been cool

I used washers on mine too. Seems like the kit should have came with them but oh well! All ok now, 3/6 drop with Timber Grove rear bags.

IMG_0863.jpg

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What has everyone here done about the rear tires rubbing the fender lip? Should I cut the fender? Roll the fender? ??

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

RTRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Glad I found this thread as I have been looking for information about the Inez drop kit. This thread was started approx 3 years ago and that's good to get feedback from members who have installed this kit. I have some concerns that I'd like those who have had the kit on for awhile to give their opinions. Seeing how it would be very difficult to return the vehicle to stock after installation of this kit, my concerns are even more important. My primary concern is lower ball joint failure, there is another member who had one fail, and the shop I was going to have the install done at claimed they had lower ball joint failure from the Inez kit, in one instance. This is obviously a dangerous situation. So the first question is how many can attest to or know about others who have had this failure. Secondly the rear suspension relocation bolt on plates can actually tear, again this could end up in a dangerous situation. Anybody have a serious problem with that? I do see that Inez offers reinforced plates to solve this problem, hopefully those come standard in the new kits. Other than that, opinions on how the kit has been holding up after several years of use would be very beneficial. Even though I point out a few concerns I do think the design is good. Trucks look fab with the stance this kit provides, and 5" rear travel with no frame notch is really cool. Have a great day fellow Ram enthusiasts.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad I found this thread as I have been looking for information about the Inez drop kit. This thread was started approx 3 years ago and that's good to get feedback from members who have installed this kit. I have some concerns that I'd like those who have had the kit on for awhile to give their opinions. Seeing how it would be very difficult to return the vehicle to stock after installation of this kit, my concerns are even more important. My primary concern is lower ball joint failure, there is another member who had one fail, and the shop I was going to have the install done at claimed they had lower ball joint failure from the Inez kit, in one instance. This is obviously a dangerous situation. So the first question is how many can attest to or know about others who have had this failure. Secondly the rear suspension relocation bolt on plates can actually tear, again this could end up in a dangerous situation. Anybody have a serious problem with that? I do see that Inez offers reinforced plates to solve this problem, hopefully those come standard in the new kits. Other than that, opinions on how the kit has been holding up after several years of use would be very beneficial. Even though I point out a few concerns I do think the design is good. Trucks look fab with the stance this kit provides, and 5" rear travel with no frame notch is really cool. Have a great day fellow Ram enthusiasts.

I had my relocation brackets tear. I just contacted them and they sent out the new beefed up versions no problem. I have seen people talking about the ball joints but personally haven't had any issues with them. If its a concern just have some new ones put in before they're installed. My only complaint is the 5/7 isn't low enough but I'm probably the minority there.