Inez Hotrods 4/6 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running 285/50/20 tires on mine with just the control arms added to the fronts, didn't touch the coils, and I just barely clear. I'd think 305's would hit.

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very happy with the kit. I strongly recommend get a plasma or torch cutter to cut off rear upper control brackets on top of rear axle. It can be done with grinder with a cut-off wheel or saw zall. The latter will take up a lot of your time. If you never dropped a truck before, this kit is not for you. Have a professional install for you. It took me two days just by myself. Wish I had a car lift, would been faster install.

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know how wide your wheels are and what their offset is I an currently running 305/50/20 on stock 8'' wheels with 19.5 offset 2/4 BELLTECH drop around 3/4" clearance on control arm

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very happy with the kit. I strongly recommend get a plasma or torch cutter to cut off rear upper control brackets on top of rear axle. It can be done with grinder with a cut-off wheel or saw zall. The latter will take up a lot of your time. If you never dropped a truck before, this kit is not for you. Have a professional install for you. It took me two days just by myself. Wish I had a car lift, would been faster install.

Thanks for the info I have all of those cutting tools available to me and I usually use a forklift don't have a car lift.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
More pics of the Inez Hotrods 4/6 drop kit.

How many coils did you cut off the rear springs exactly?

Did the alignment shop have to remove the upper control arm to adjust the camber? Or do they use the stock adjustment point?

Also, what size tires are those?

Last edited:

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tire size is 275/55/20. Screwed out 3/8 of an inch on the upper A-arm, alignment was set from there. Tie rods shaved off. Alignment back to factory settings. Upper A-arm was not removed doing alignment.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Tire size is 275/55/20. Screwed out 3/8 of an inch on the upper A-arm, alignment was set from there. Tie rods shaved off. Alignment back to factory settings. Upper A-arm was not removed doing alignment.

Thanks!

How many coils off the rear springs?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't touch my front springs, and took 1 coil off the rear and it gave me right about a 4" drop all the way around. I can't go any lower until I modify my exhaust because I'm sitting on the pipes right now. I have the stainless works setup.

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

rtorres51 how much did you need to trim your tie rods, did you have to trim just the inner or the outers too.
thanks

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
rtorres51 how much did you need to trim your tie rods, did you have to trim just the inner or the outers too.
thanks

Inez video says you might need to cut 3/8" off the inner tie rod threads.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I screwed mine all the way in, they figured what I needed to cut and went from there. Was about a 1/2".

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I screwed mine all the way in, they figured what I needed to cut and went from there. Was about a 1/2".

Thanks, with my belltech 2/4 kit the tie rods are screwed all the way in and is not in alignment spec and it pulls to the right the only way to get any adjustment is to cut the outer tie rod and inner tie rod camber is also at max setting and not in spec that is the reason that I want the inez kit. I want to make sure that if I need to cut the tie rods I do it right the first time .
thanks

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Beautiful!

That is the perfect stance IMO.

What size tires? and how much did he cut off the rear springs?

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I trimmed a coil and a half. Cut 3/8 of an inch of the inner tie rods. Probably going to cut a quarter more on the rear springs, level out the stance.

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inez just posted a video of a silver reg cab on 24" billets... man it looks good, I wish I would have seen this kit before I lowered mine..

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you ever had any other lowering kit in your truck other than the inez kit to compare? More specifically how it rides?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Have you ever had any other lowering kit in your truck other than the inez kit to compare? More specifically how it rides?
It uses the stock front springs and shocks, so the front should ride like stock.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front definitely rides like stock. The rear I'm feeling a certain way about. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'd say it feels a bit bouncy/stiff. I did a search here in the forum and I think I read somewhere that maybe better shocks would help that. So I'm thinking about replacing the shocks that came with the kit with some belltech street performance shocks. Figured if it still feels the same after a different shock then I'm only really out 100 bucks. Can you guys with the same kit chime in. Should I replace the rear shocks with belltech? is this bouncy feel normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963