Inez Hotrods 4/6 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beautiful!

That is the perfect stance IMO.

What size tires? and how much did he cut off the rear springs?

I have the stock 22" wheels running the factory tire size. I believe it's a 285/45/22. As far as the rear spring. I wasn't there while the kit was being installed. (Got a round of golf in while it was being installed) but as far as what I saw on his Snapchat. He cut 2 full turns. But again don't quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well got back from seeing inez at his shop where he installed his 4/6 drop on my truck. Here's a picture. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns 5c30adf573a51171dae4b4cbcb39e881.jpg

Looks great!!! , Can you measure your height at the top of the wheel well?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The front definitely rides like stock. The rear I'm feeling a certain way about. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'd say it feels a bit bouncy/stiff. I did a search here in the forum and I think I read somewhere that maybe better shocks would help that. So I'm thinking about replacing the shocks that came with the kit with some belltech street performance shocks. Figured if it still feels the same after a different shock then I'm only really out 100 bucks. Can you guys with the same kit chime in. Should I replace the rear shocks with belltech? is this bouncy feel normal?

The street performance shocks are budget shocks and would probably be a downgrade from what you got. If you're looking for an upgrade, look into the QA1 shocks.

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I'll do it this afternoon when I get off of work.

Ok so took some measurement and in the from its 33" and the front I'm at 34"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP here, just wanted to give an update. I'm over 10,000 miles on this 4/6 kit (I have it setup as 4/4) and still 0 issues. Rides very well, handles great. I use my truck to commute 92 miles a day round trip and I would buy this kit again if I had to. 1574925615a90bef37b6ae2d890f1c14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Decided to go down a little bit more in the rear to match the front better.

For those interested:
Front is Inez 4"drop control arms with untouched stock springs.
Rear is the Belltech springs that come with the Inez kit with 4 rungs cut off and drop control arm brackets.

As the way it sits, the rear is ½" higher than the front.

My wheel wells are at 32" in the front and 32½" in the rear. I also have smaller tires on than stock which is why it's a little lower than others.

IMG_20170621_131341969_HDR_zpsezsrcgnz.jpg

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for the info. I did not know the Inez kit came with belltech springs in the back.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for guys that have the 4/6 or 5/7 Inez drop kit... What shocks are you using on the rear?
reason I ask I have the QA1 TS905 and they are either too stiff or bouncy. I've tried several adjustments but can't seem to find the correct setting. Maybe these shocks are not intended to function at this ride hight... any thoughts?

Last edited:

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
quicksilver I am glad that you asked this question, I just ordered my 3/4 a-arms and 4 link relocation brackets today and was wanting to know which Qa1 shock to use in the rear also.
David

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found out that the shocks used in the Inez kit is the Pro Comp 919500. Here are the specs I found...
Extended Length: 19.84"
Collapsed Length: 12.32"
Travel Length: 7.52"

QA1 TS905 Specs:
Extended Length (in): 23.630 in.
Collapsed Length (in): 15.000 in.

So I did some research, found out that these fit a 2000 Isuzu Trooper among others...
cross referenced some KYB shocks. I just ordered them and will be trying them out. I'll let you guys know my findings...

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the ProComps out that came with kit, didn't care for them. Be reinstalling the Belltechs again. Q1A are too expensive. I'm very happy with the Belltechs, just my opinion.

I will be selling the used Belltech kit that was on my truck:

Front springs
Rear springs
Front shocks
Track bar relocation kit with sway bar end links
Rear Pro Comp shocks
Rear bump stops

Will not break up. Asking $150 for all, just want to get rid of, no use for anymore. Accept PayPal, you pay shipping. Zip code 79413. Any questions, PM.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why didn't you like the pro comp shocks...too soft / hard / bouncy?

Pro Comp shocks are twin tube design, the KYB shocks I got are monotube. Hopefull they are better ride quality.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found out that the shocks used in the Inez kit is the Pro Comp 919500. Here are the specs I found...
Extended Length: 19.84"
Collapsed Length: 12.32"
Travel Length: 7.52"

QA1 TS905 Specs:
Extended Length (in): 23.630 in.
Collapsed Length (in): 15.000 in.

So I did some research, found out that these fit a 2000 Isuzu Trooper among others...
cross referenced some KYB shocks. I just ordered them and will be trying them out. I'll let you guys know my findings...

Just so I'm understanding this right, the QA1'a are too long for that Inez drop?

Just curious as I'm still in plan and design phase and once I get the shop up in the next couple months I will be redoing my susp. Ive been pushing the idea to talk to Inez to leave off welding in the coil buckets so I can modify them to accept a coilover of sorts, prob from ridetech or QA1.. but still not sure, as I haven't nailed down one to use

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just so I'm understanding this right, the QA1'a are too long for that Inez drop?

Just curious as I'm still in plan and design phase and once I get the shop up in the next couple months I will be redoing my susp. Ive been pushing the idea to talk to Inez to leave off welding in the coil buckets so I can modify them to accept a coilover of sorts, prob from ridetech or QA1.. but still not sure, as I haven't nailed down one to use

from what I gather the QA1 shocks are for 4" drop, that's what guys on here were getting when doing a 2/4 drop. Since I'm at 6" maybe 7" rear drop those shock don't work. I've tried from 5 to 13 and none adjust to my liking.
So I ordered some KYB shocks to try out...

If you get a coilover to work on our truck, you'd be the first that I know of :happy107: that would be a great accomplishment
Good Luck!!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
from what I gather the QA1 shocks are for 4" drop, that's what guys on here were getting when doing a 2/4 drop. Since I'm at 6" maybe 7" rear drop those shock don't work. I've tried from 5 to 13 and none adjust to my liking.
So I ordered some KYB shocks to try out...

If you get a coilover to work on our truck, you'd be the first that I know of :happy107: that would be a great accomplishment
Good Luck!!

That's some really good info on the shocks though...
and yeah.. really I'm looking at it to be easy so to speak, just need figure out the right weight and height of a unit.. Height is kinda arbitrary since I will be fabbing my own mounts that the upper A-arm will straddle.

These are where I'm looking to source the coilovers
https://www.fabquest.com/viking-bil...IU9q2GnTkVbITX61DRt96gcGXWf-yr34aAsfcEALw_wcB

I got the idea when I was watching an episode of Gearz when he as doing the Street Sweeper project with the Magnum Force susp. Weights in that car are very similar so I went looking at the shocks and the link is what I found...
I haven't talked to them yet to figure out specific spring yet, I need to get the corners of the truck weighed but cant do that till all the fab work its done.... its a never ending process of design and engineering

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently have the Air Lift bags installed. Going to drop truck an inch in the back to level out truck. Have to take out bags, bags to tall to work correctly.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the air lift bags in mine with 4 rungs cut out the rears. No problems with anything in the back, and I'm running the pro comp shocks that came with the kit. No complaints here. I aired the bags up a little bit, then drained them to where the ride height stabilized the air pressure, and that's what I'm using for added "bump stops". I don't bottom out unless I hit a really big bump going at a pretty good speed.