Inez no cut tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@1SloRam , from my discussion with IHC, you are correct a 3/5 was not possible as the no cut would hit upper control arms.

I'm helping a buddy put a 3/5 on his ram Saturday. He is doing 3 inch crown drop springs, max Trax upper control arms, bell tech 4 in rear spring kit , cutting 1 coil on rear springs and the ihc cut brackets.

He pieced this together for about a grand. A little less expensive than ihc 3/5 kit.

His parts look solid, you don't need to use that rubber spring isolater from ihc and you use belltech springs. He is saying with stock shocks.

Overall I'm interested to see how it rides once installed.
Keep me posted. Sounds interesting. I currently have BT 2/4 w/ illicit customs no cut kit installed. Rides great, looks clean, but I want to go lower. I have the IHC control arms sitting in a box I got secondhand. Pretty bummed out I can’t go 3/5 without changing to a cut kit or going the helper bag route.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When I chatted with IHC over a year ago, they mentioned to me that the no-cut brackets would work for a 3/5 drop but helper bags would be needed. Now i'm confused. I have a set of them in the box still, haven't installed. I'm currently at 2/4, but don't want to cut my factory brackets off.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I chatted with IHC over a year ago, they mentioned to me that the no-cut brackets would work for a 3/5 drop but helper bags would be needed. Now i'm confused. I have a set of them in the box still, haven't installed. I'm currently at 2/4, but don't want to cut my factory brackets off.
As of two days ago, Victor @ IHC told me no cuts are only good for 4” rear drop. Anything more I would need the cut kit.
You have the no cut kit?

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As of two days ago, Victor @ IHC told me no cuts are only good for 4” rear drop. Anything more I would need the cut kit.
You have the no cut kit?
Yes I have a no cut kit still in the box. Haven't installed yet. I don't want to cut my factory brackets off. Was planning to cut an inch in back and have a shop install the no cut kit. Now more contradicting information. But yes I was told they can go to 5" rear but no more with helper bags installed.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op, I installed the no cut on my 2014 RCSB RT. At 4 inches the mounts hit my lower control arms on the top.

I ran them about 6 weeks and took them off. I now have a cut kit.

Things I learned, they hit the lower arms on anything other than stock control arms. They move, no matter how tight or how frequently you check them. I would suggest welding if you go this way. Getting your rear end and tires centered after installing is a ***** with anything other than fully adjustable control arms. Also don't forget pinion angle if your install is off just a bit. In summary, the install is not for the faint of heart.

Why did I decide on the cut kit. Rear diffs are plentiful. The cut kit was by far easier to install than the no cut. The cut kit, pretty much self aligns due to its design. The cut kit doesn't move. Pinon angle is pretty much spot on.

I hesitated cutting the brackets off my rear diff. If you are that concerned, plan on keeping your truck forever, bite the bullet and buy yourself a 2nd diff now so you can look for the best one with your gear set. Changing it out, is same difficulty as installing the cut kit.

I'm not encouraging you to abandon your project or trying to convince you of anything. I'm just sharing my experience.

I Leave you asking one question. Why did Inez and illicit both stop selling the no cut kit?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op, I installed the no cut on my 2014 RCSB RT. At 4 inches the mounts hit my lower control arms on the top.

I ran them about 6 weeks and took them off. I now have a cut kit.

Things I learned, they hit the lower arms on anything other than stock control arms. They move, no matter how tight or how frequently you check them. I would suggest welding if you go this way. Getting your rear end and tires centered after installing is a ***** with anything other than fully adjustable control arms. Also don't forget pinion angle if your install is off just a bit. In summary, the install is not for the faint of heart.

Why did I decide on the cut kit. Rear diffs are plentiful. The cut kit was by far easier to install than the no cut. The cut kit, pretty much self aligns due to its design. The cut kit doesn't move. Pinon angle is pretty much spot on.

I hesitated cutting the brackets off my rear diff. If you are that concerned, plan on keeping your truck forever, bite the bullet and buy yourself a 2nd diff now so you can look for the best one with your gear set. Changing it out, is same difficulty as installing the cut kit.

I'm not encouraging you to abandon your project or trying to convince you of anything. I'm just sharing my experience.

I Leave you asking one question. Why did Inez and illicit both stop selling the no cut kit?
I can say I’ve ran the illicit no cuts on a BT 2/4 for two years without any issues.
They haven’t moved, I haven’t bottomed, and rear wheel is centered as well as it was in stock configuration.
The only reason I am changing to the cut kit is I would like to go lower.

OP
OP
t0ymach1n3

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Yes I have a no cut kit still in the box. Haven't installed yet. I don't want to cut my factory brackets off. Was planning to cut an inch in back and have a shop install the no cut kit. Now more contradicting information. But yes I was told they can go to 5" rear but no more with helper bags installed.
I had the same opinion as you. What I did to get over it was went and bought a used diff. I then had some 3.92's and an Eaton Trutrac installed and did the cutting to that diff. Leaving me with the stock one in it's original form if I ever wanted to swap back or needed to. Just my .02

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going to sell them when you take them off. They were said to be superior to the inez no cuts
Yessir I plan to sell them to recoup cost of cut kit. I got them years ago from a guy on Craigslist in Dallas. I’ve not seen anything from illicit in a long time.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yessir I plan to sell them to recoup cost of cut kit. I got them years ago from a guy on Craigslist in Dallas. I’ve not seen anything from illicit in a long time.
Ryan/Illicit had a few financial issues a couple years ago,if i was to guess,he tried to go big to fast,and it didn't pan out, now he's more focused on building bikes then car/truck products.
I bought 7 of his early kits,but the last one finally sold about a year ago.
Young Steven Cooper out of Saskatoon was building a lower bracket that relocated the lower mount,but he's no longer building them anymore.There's not enough of a market for Ram lowering products for more then one manufacture'r to survive

Last edited:

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ryan/Illicit had a few financial issues a couple years ago,if i was to guess,he tried to go big to fast,and it didn't pan out, now he's more focused on building bikes then car/truck products.
I bought 7 of his early kits,but the last one finally sold about a year ago.
Young Steven Cooper out of Saskatoon was building a lower bracket that relocated the lower mount,but he's no longer building them anymore.There's not enough of a market for Ram lowering products for more then one manufacture'r to survive
I did search for illicit and found motorcycle stuff, which I do my fair share of bike stuff, but not interested in that style. I’d like to bag my Ram eventually, but that’s wayyy down the line.