Inez Shocks worn out after a year and 1/2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just replaced all my shocks on my 2015 SBRC with Bilstiens. The front had the OEM shocks and the back had the Inez shocks.
All the rubber eyelets on the Inez shocks were trashed after a year and 1/2 of driving. Is this common with lowered trucks?
Or is Inez selling junk shocks?

IMG_20220410_125606907.jpg

OP
OP
Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, after thinking about this I think I have discovered why the Inez shock bushings failed so quickly. These came with their 4/6 drop kit.
In that kit they send you Bell Tech 4" rear springs which your supposed to cut to get the 6" drop. I wanted a 4" drop so I did not cut the springs and
as I now recall I had to put a jack underneath the rear axle to get shocks connected because they are too short for a 4" drop. This became clear to me
after re-reading "moregrips" thread on his build in which he stated that truck stood taller after changing to Bilstein shocks. Also have the airlift bags which
I could never put any air in with the Inez shocks because it made the truck ride horrible, now with the Bilstein shocks there much more up and down movement
so I can benefit from putting air into the bags to slow down that movement a bit.