Inez vs illicit no cut brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I’m along time lurker here and have compiled quite a bit of knowledge from just reading but finally came across a question that I can not answer in all my searching.

Has anyone used the Inez no cut brackets and how do they compare (if anyone knows) to the illicit? I like that the Inez are cheaper than the illicit but don’t want to have to spend the money twice if they don’t compare to the illicit.

Another problem I have encountered is that the Illicit brackets have fallen off of Moes website and I’m not certain if there is a reason in this. I can’t seem to find them for sale anywhere else.

This is just about all that I need to finish my stash of parts to do the drop on my truck but want to make the right decision. Any help is always appreciated.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
We had to take the Illicit brackets off our website because we are still waiting for a stock order from them that we purchased in May of last year. Once they fill that order, we will no longer be carrying their brackets.

We have numerous Inez brackets in stock and ready to ship.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both, and can tell you there is really no difference in the two products. I had Inez Hotrods and Customs install their brackets and adjustable control arms on my 2/4 lowered 2014 R/T. After they got done my truck rides so much better than it ever didi before. Inez was willing to install the Illicit brackets I bought several years ago, but I elected to go with all their stuff for their lifetime warranty. Ivan and Inez are some really good people and were a pleasure to deal with.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had to take the Illicit brackets off our website because we are still waiting for a stock order from them that we purchased in May of last year. Once they fill that order, we will no longer be carrying their brackets.

We have numerous Inez brackets in stock and ready to ship.

Any difference in the thickness between the Inez and illicit brackets ?

OP
OP
Srt-cummins

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s good to hear. I actually called Moe’s last week and spoke with him about them and ended up Ordering a set of the Inez. I received them the next day and they look great. Only difference according to Moe’s was that illicit powder coated there’s and Inez just paints there’s.
Lord knows I’ve spent many hours reading old and new threads on the “proper” way to do a 2/4 drop and I’m hoping this all turns out well.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I currently have just the belltech 2/4 kit but would like to make a 3/5. It rides fine for me currently so would the Inez brackets work good if I just want it lower 1" more in the rear but cutting the spring. I'm not looking to go 4/6 or 5/7 so don't feel like buying a whole kit

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have just the belltech 2/4 kit but would like to make a 3/5. It rides fine for me currently so would the Inez brackets work good if I just want it lower 1" more in the rear but cutting the spring. I'm not looking to go 4/6 or 5/7 so don't feel like buying a whole kit

I’ve cut the rear springs on my belltech 2/4. Currently sitting level at 2/5 with no relocation brackets and rides ok. I am going to get the Inez cut kit here soon and eventually drop to a 4/6

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’ve cut the rear springs on my belltech 2/4. Currently sitting level at 2/5 with no relocation brackets and rides ok. I am going to get the Inez cut kit here soon and eventually drop to a 4/6
I like how yours it sitting. What are you planning to do to lower the front to 4" drop. I read if the front Belltech springs half a coil it will drop it about an inch. And I saw the Inez cut kit but would rather have the no cut kit. Who knows if I ever want to put it back to stock. Decisions...Decisions....

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like how yours it sitting. What are you planning to do to lower the front to 4" drop. I read if the front Belltech springs half a coil it will drop it about an inch. And I saw the Inez cut kit but would rather have the no cut kit. Who knows if I ever want to put it back to stock. Decisions...Decisions....

To get the 4 inch drop I am going to put on the Inez 4/6 kit. I might actually sit a little lower than 4 in front because I’ll be using the oem spring from a 2016 single cab and my truck is a crew cab. So torn between the 4/6 and 5/7 though. Like you said, decisions decisions... these trucks look so good lowered and the good thing is that it is very rare to see a lowered ram around these parts so it definitely sticks out. Thanks for the comment, good luck bro.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys I got the belltech 2/4 kit for my CC 4x4.. do I need to get the Inez no cut brackets? I have the core 4x4 panhard adj bar already..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Guys I got the belltech 2/4 kit for my CC 4x4.. do I need to get the Inez no cut brackets? I have the core 4x4 panhard adj bar already..

If you get a high speed ass wiggling wobble you'll need them,if you get no wobble,but have killer wheelhop i'd look at the brackets ,but if you don't encounter either issue,then I wouldn't worry about them.Some guys have cured the wheelhop issues by going to the Core locating arms,but that's more a band-aid fix then anything,as the arms don't address the wonky rear suspension geometery you get when you lower a 4th Gen.Install your lowering kit ,drive it for a few days,and then run it up to 80+mph,if it's stable at speed with no killer wheelhop,i wouldn't worry about the brackets

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you get a high speed ass wiggling wobble you'll need them,if you get no wobble,but have killer wheelhop i'd look at the brackets ,but if you don't encounter either issue,then I wouldn't worry about them.Some guys have cured the wheelhop issues by going to the Core locating arms,but that's more a band-aid fix then anything,as the arms don't address the wonky rear suspension geometery you get when you lower a 4th Gen.Install your lowering kit ,drive it for a few days,and then run it up to 80+mph,if it's stable at speed with no killer wheelhop,i wouldn't worry about the brackets
Ok so what about centering the wheels on the wheel well? The brackt will fix that right?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok so what about centering the wheels on the wheel well? The brackt will fix that right?

Yup but on a 4" drop the wheels don't move all that much,if you're **** it'll bother you,but it's not as noticeable as you think.The majority of people don't notice the wheels being ahead.I'd do the drop and go from there.Installing the drop on the rear is easy,and even if you decide on doing the relocation brackets,the drop doesn't really add any more in the way of work.Unbolt the swaybar / panhard bar and lower shock bolts,jack the rear end up till the springs fall out,then reverse the procedure with the new rear springs.If you're also doing shocks,then you'll want to remove the inner wheel wells and rear tires and use either a cut down wrench or crowfoot to hold the inner nut on the top shock mounts.It's been awhile since I did shocks,but if I remember right I think it's an 18MM nut on the upper shock mount.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup but on a 4" drop the wheels don't move all that much,if you're **** it'll bother you,but it's not as noticeable as you think.The majority of people don't notice the wheels being ahead.I'd do the drop and go from there.Installing the drop on the rear is easy,and even if you decide on doing the relocation brackets,the drop doesn't really add any more in the way of work.Unbolt the swaybar / panhard bar and lower shock bolts,jack the rear end up till the springs fall out,then reverse the procedure with the new rear springs.If you're also doing shocks,then you'll want to remove the inner wheel wells and rear tires and use either a cut down wrench or crowfoot to hold the inner nut on the top shock mounts.It's been awhile since I did shocks,but if I remember right I think it's an 18MM nut on the upper shock mount.

Thanks for the info!!!

DoubleJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did you end up going to the brackets? I am trying to figure out if I should get some for my 2/4" kit on my DCSB 4x4.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Did you end up going to the brackets? I am trying to figure out if I should get some for my 2/4" kit on my DCSB 4x4.

Read the above couple posts.Drive it first and see where you're at,if it wheelhops or has a high speed sway,then yes,if not,don't worry about it.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shock bolts are 21mm or 13/16, I got a set off amazon for 20 bucks, beats trying to buy just one socket locally for 15. I also have left my wheel liners off since the 3rd time I changed shocks, made adding airbags and changing shocks again easier, plus it gave me peace of mind in the event i bottomed out I wouldn't hit the liners and tear up where they mount.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Shock bolts are 21mm or 13/16, I got a set off amazon for 20 bucks, beats trying to buy just one socket locally for 15. I also have left my wheel liners off since the 3rd time I changed shocks, made adding airbags and changing shocks again easier, plus it gave me peace of mind in the event i bottomed out I wouldn't hit the liners and tear up where they mount.

No gravel roads or ice and snow where you live i'm guessing,lol

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ice and snow not an issue, I live down a country rd, but it's not too bad. I was going to clean the fender wells real good and try some tw seal and shine to test it when I was changing my airlines out, but i forgot to get seal and shine

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old thread. But how much did you cut from your rear springs to get a 5" drop? No death wobble without relocation brackets?