Information on premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Took a bit more than a week shipped from FL to WA state but I finally got my upgrade. no more Black plain jane cluster.. hello longhorn... question.. it has a nag for oil change from the old truck.. how do I clear it since I still have a while to actually need the oil change? second when it boot up it says "power wagon" does it matter?

View attachment 490429 View attachment 490430
Not sure if I just got lucky or what but when I installed my premium cluster it automatically had the splash screen that says “2500 heavy duty”. Maybe mine came out of a truck similar to mine but I was under the assumption that it would just recognize the truck it was going into and switch from pcm. I know I have read you can change the splash screen using alpha OBD but I have never tried it.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Not sure if I just got lucky or what but when I installed my premium cluster it automatically had the splash screen that says “2500 heavy duty”. Maybe mine came out of a truck similar to mine but I was under the assumption that it would just recognize the truck it was going into and switch from pcm. I know I have read you can change the splash screen using alpha OBD but I have never tried it.
If it's just a start up screen, then I'm fine with it.. but if the different splash screens evoke additional/different feature.. I'm all for it as well

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If it's just a start up screen, then I'm fine with it.. but if the different splash screens evoke additional/different feature.. I'm all for it as well
Just the splash screen is different. All the other things are the same. No difference in functions thru out the evic

DotEngum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm thinking about upgrading my Cluster, my RAM is an 2015.
What cluster should i go for? Got an standard 3" now.. Its it something i need to check before ordering one?