Inherited my Fathers truck, want to swap a Hellcat motor to honor him.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I talked to John a while back on one of his live streams and I asked the question. What would it cost for me to swap a Hellcat into my 2018 1500 2wd. His answer made me cringe. He said the bare minimum was well over $35k and hundreds of hours of time building new harnesses, etc.... just to get it going down the road. Then there's all the little nitpicky quirks that each truck has that have to be worked as they pop up. I shelved that idea.
If you read his first post,he does have an idea of what it'll cost him to do a Hellcat swap,but i agree i think he might be under estimating the final costs a bit

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Cool if you want to upgrade it, but sounds like you've got a pretty solid truck to start, at least you know it's history.

I would say definately plugs and clean or even replace fuel injectors.

As has been said, do an oil change, and drain it after 1k miles and see how it looks. If black, keep using shorter than normal intervals.

Transmission fluid change and filter.

Belt, hoses, pcv valve, coolant changes, etc.

She will be back to her glory before you know it, and if you still want to take her to the next step, go for it.

Condolences on your loss, and best wishes for whatever path you choose. Happy Ramming!