Initiating a reset for Uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Does anyone know how to accomplish a reset for the 2013 connect system. I pulled the + battery cable but it seems there is backup power to the system, I also pulled the CD/blue tooth fuse with no luck.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you just trying to pair a new phone or what?

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Well I found a way to do a reset on the system...

Hold both the Heating and cooling buttons for 5 seconds, I have dual climate so I held both drivers and passenger side heating and cooling, for 5 seconds.

Then you will enter the "secret" engineering menu.

You can scroll down and reset to factory settings

the system will reboot, and you have now reset your system.

Last edited:

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would not recommend doing this reset. I competed this and now my 8.4AN radio looks nothing like it did before. Prior to doing the reset I had the ram logo on the screen and everything was orange and black. No I have the uconnect emblem and everything is blue and black. The buttons in the bottom menu are different too. The settings are complete different. So, it looks like I'm off to the dealership.

UPDATE:
I have an update to my issue from last night....

Last night I reset my radio using the steps above. After resetting the radio the menus and radio were completely different (see my above post). Well, when I got up this morning and started the truck, the radio was back to normal. The only thing I can think is the radio download the software or something over the air through the night.

I must say the radio, phone and all functions are working great!

Thanks again boomer

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Why are you looking to do this reset? Just curious

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I had to do it, as The system would not send me an email to register my Uconnect profile. Once I did this The system all works fine now. I have the registration Email. I can command the truck from my phone. The only thing that doesn't work is voice text from my Iphone5 but that is a Apple software issue.

When I called they said they have had to do this to a lot of trucks that were just off the line. The factory had a demo mode. But now it all works. I honestly cant wait till someone Hacks this system. So we can do so much more with it.

Dont do a reset unless your having problems!!!

You can access the Engineering Menu , to peek around, but dont screw with it if you dont know what your doing. If you screw it up then you have no choice to do a FR (Factory Reset)

This is just info on how to FR your system on the 2013 so you dont have to take it to a dealership. RAM does not want the customer to know how to do this.

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See above

Last edited:

calvins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a 2013 Ram Outdoorsman Edition, My voice comand and the phone buttons on the steering wheel were not working, had the truck to two different dealers 5 times total. I just did this reset and now everything works perfectly. Thanks for the usefull tip. I cannot wait to gloat over at the dealer :dancingpoop:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I do not have the dual controls, anyone have a idea how to reset the u connect in a 2012 ram rt?
My u connect is worthless.

Robert Barnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 diesel. SiriusXM Guardian tells me to find the factory setting in my infotainment system so I can give them the factory setting to see if they match the data they have on file for my truck. How do I find my radio factory setting? I don't believe I want reset my factory setting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye