inside winsheild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys so on the inside of my truck the windshield is all foggy and kinda smokey when im driving at night and i can barely see when a vehicle is coming towards me with their lights on but its only on my half of the windshield my passenger half of the windshield looks just fine. i dont know why this is i quit smoking 3 months ago and i tried cleaning my windshield already when i quit.

Cwbys54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most window cleaner will leave a film on the glass which causing fogging. Try using car wax on the inside of the windshield and that should clean it up and make it not fog up any more. Works great for me. Just don't do the outside or the windshield will streak when you use your wipers.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
any brand wax you think i should use

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
While wax is an option there are some better products out there to use. The first step is actually cleaning the glass, windex isn't the greatest either. There are several good cleaners Id use and some have antifog chemicals in them. Just look around on google for some top rated.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I also like Invisible Glass Cleaner as it's what I use but I prefer microfiber towels. Some paper towels can cause streaks, in my experience.

I'm not sure about wax because if the refractive index isn't the same as the glass you'll get distortion or reflections. It could be as bad as you currently have.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so if you have fogging up trouble id first ask is my ac working second the best ive seen other than rain x makes a anti fog solution the best and you will laugh but shaving cream works amazing and smells great if ya dont believe me look it up on youtube shaving cream works amazing

Bounty79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you dont want to go through paper toweling like crazy... newspaper usually works well too with a good glass cleaner. Just be careful on tint, newspaper and paper towel is pretty abrasive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you dont want to go through paper toweling like crazy... newspaper usually works well too with a good glass cleaner. Just be careful on tint, newspaper and paper towel is pretty abrasive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I use newspaper too and it comes out great!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The reason new vehicles have an issue with "foggyness" on the inside has nothing to do with cleanliness. Your plastic in the dash board goes through a process of aging where it releases gases from the plastics. Kind if like how brand new tires have a smell to them but old ones dont.

That is the actual "new car smell" its all the plastics gasification process. It the gets all over your windshield.

It will mostlikly be a problem for a few years

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mix 3 parts together for perfect clean windows.

33% part distilled water
33% Isopropyl alcohol
33% White Vinegar <--- they make cleaning vinegar

This will be crystal clear, does not streak, does not leave a film that you can see at night or in the early am. Also will not hurt tint.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My wife has a bunch of these Norwex cleaning cloths. The window cloth is amazing and will leave your glass spotless. No kidding.

Norwex USA

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Use a good quality professional grade glass cleaning product. I like Adam's Glass Cleaner, and Griot's Garage glass cleaner. I use that along with a claybar. Takes the film/buildup right off. Be sure to use good quality glass rags as well. Adam's or some other reputable brand.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
vinegar/windshield wash mix.....
Remember to when the inside of a car/truck ect gets warm or hot the plastics in the interior also give off a residue to and that looks like the inside of a smokers windshield..

I can walk away from my pick up when i go on the road for a week to ten days and come home to a dirty windshield...Even worse when i put that silver sun reflector in the windshield..

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Hey guys so on the inside of my truck the windshield is all foggy and kinda smokey when im driving at night and i can barely see when a vehicle is coming towards me with their lights on but its only on my half of the windshield my passenger half of the windshield looks just fine. i dont know why this is i quit smoking 3 months ago and i tried cleaning my windshield already when i quit.

Check out this video I think it will help you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxYXppXTeN8&feature=youtu.be

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I clean my windows in the early morning or late evening when the sun is coming up or down and face my truck towards it. This is so the glass is cool and I use the sun to show any streaks, I use Clear Glass by Stoner, good stuff been using it for years.