Install of White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders, full top plate- .188 DOM round tube 2”x4” black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders, full top plate- .188 DOM round tube 2”x4” black powder coat finish.

I do believe someday I will take this truck off road, but I realized very quickly I’m too old to lift myself by the pillar rail handle all the time. Rather than buy some $600 steps I decided to get some functional protection for the rocker panels along with assisting me getting in and out of the truck.

Some quick notes about the product / install.

1. I didn’t consider anyone else but White Knuckle Off Road.

2. Natalie @ WNOR was a great resource and very responsive, she explained you basically have a 3” platform / area for foot placement.

3. Decided to have rock sliders modified to a 4” wide platform, full top plate. All I could see is my wife’s small foot going through the bars (long story short, I’m worried about my wife and Dad getting in and out of this truck).

4. Took close to 7 weeks to get the custom rails made / delivered. 1.5 weeks to blame on NEMF trucking (freight company). No problem, just anxious to get these on!

5. Wish I would have taken better photos, but the condition in which they were shipped was impeccable! No scratches / damage. Bubble wrapped, then wrapped in moving blankets and covered in cardboard. Moving blanket repurpose for winch line dampener?

6. Blankets came in handy on my floor jack.

7. Although it may have been easier with two people, I was able to install these myself. I guess I am awesome, Mom was right!

8. Passenger side took me approximately 1 hour.

9. Drivers side……. long. The front mount and rear took some time but I did it! Maybe 1.5 -2 hours.

10. Very happy with the fit and finish, well done White Knuckle.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How much do these actually help getting in/out of the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s like night-day difference. Basically 18 inches up and you have a step.

B1CD9650-314E-44BE-9E68-06D257525C55.jpeg

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No sliding off / down your seats getting out either.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good to hear thank you. I’d be interested to know how you went about getting them custom made. I’ve looked into getting the AMP steps but this may be a good option if they make it easier to mount/dismount as well as providing protection.

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When discussing my concerns about foot placement they (WKOR) said they could modify the common design for a small charge. Well worth it for me. The AMP’s are slick but would not stop a rocker impact or hard flying debris, my opinion.

Good to hear thank you. I’d be interested to know how you went about getting them custom made. I’ve looked into getting the AMP steps but this may be a good option if they make it easier to mount/dismount as well as providing protection.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I appreciate the info! I’m going to look into a set.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When discussing my concerns about foot placement they (WKOR) said they could modify the common design for a small charge. Well worth it for me. The AMP’s are slick but would not stop a rocker impact or hard flying debris, my opinion.

Yeah, I just took my amp steps off to install the white knuckle ones myself. I was mainly worried that I'd damage the amp ones and not be able to sell them later on down the road.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do these, especially with yours being extended, stick out far enough that they would serve to protect against door dings?

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
WISH i HAD DONE THAT. TOOK OUT ROCKER PANEL AT 2500mi.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had $1100 to spend on sliders/bars/steps, this would be my choice. Very nice.

Rrubyxsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I bought WNOF sliders too. The same configuration as the OP. The wife can't wait. I had to buy a step for her. She loves the PW too.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Is there anyway to get a picture of the mounting? White Knuckle doesn't appear has a close up of this on their site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk