Install of White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders, full top plate- .188 DOM round tube 2”x4” black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I just had this truck on a rack, I should’ve took pictures at that time but didn’t think about it. Anyways the first photograph is the bolt that goes through the already existing 1 inch hole in the frame, lines everything up from front to back.

Thank you, Sir

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6E5366D1-10B8-45FB-A5DE-EB96CF7BE05E.jpeg

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The photos are broken Sir

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not broken using a regular browser.

Try using something other than Tapatalk, there’s been issues with photos lately on here with it.

Looks very cool by the way.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Now itals working! Stupid Tapatalk! Lol. Thanks for posting them!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Absolutely beautiful, functional and well worth the $$$ !

I'm going to have to sort out my shipping issues, order up another set with a top plate like that (but welded on) and then swap my current set onto the '13PW and put the new set on the new truck.

But, that is exactly how I wanted mine.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, thanks a lot, OP. Just when I had convinced myself that I don't need steps on my Reb ('cause air suspension, duh), I'm now thinking a combination of sliders and steps would rock! My wallet is going to really hate you soon.

TXCOMT

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look great! We are actually in the process right now of becoming a dealer for them. Their steps not only look great but function the way they should as a rock slider with their frame mount design!

pro1742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
With that top plate installed how hard are they to keep clean with dirt building up on the underside of the plate? I am looking at getting a set but I am worried about corrosion with dirt and salt getting on the under side. Every step I have ever had has rotted out for this reason.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With that top plate installed how hard are they to keep clean with dirt building up on the underside of the plate? I am looking at getting a set but I am worried about corrosion with dirt and salt getting on the under side. Every step I have ever had has rotted out for this reason.

If that was a major concern I would under coat the steps or even POR the underside before install, then reapply every year or so to help protect your investment. The major thing to remember with these steps unlike almost all other step is these are sliders, they help protect your body from damage during offroading. That is the main goal and due to this are made out of thicker steel than your average step which will help keep them from rusting/rotting out or at least greatly slow it down. Some extra care should make them last as long as the truck tho

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When I ordered mine last week I was told that they do not weld on the top plate because of mud/salt/moisture buildup in the are where the tube and the plate come together, causing rust to be more of a problem. With the bolted on top plate you can take it off and clean/repaint if needed. Not sure whether or not there is a small gap between the top plate and the tube to facilitate cleaning to help prevent stuff from sticking in there and causing more of a rust issue.

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My amp research have a 2" extension so dirt and rust are not a problem as they drop down when in the up position now. Stock were as you described up tight under the cab and not able to wash the tops or look for rust in the up or doors closed position. Now I have a better step height and still afford slider protection while being able to clean and inspect.

I know that price can be a factor for some ppl, not for me. I would rather spend the money to have it done right in the first place than have to pay double to fix it later.

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t see much of a gap at all. I don’t understand what you mean by getting yours dirty/muddy, you mean people actually take these trucks off-road?

When I ordered mine last week I was told that they do not weld on the top plate because of mud/salt/moisture buildup in the are where the tube and the plate come together, causing rust to be more of a problem. With the bolted on top plate you can take it off and clean/repaint if needed. Not sure whether or not there is a small gap between the top plate and the tube to facilitate cleaning to help prevent stuff from sticking in there and causing more of a rust issue.

C2F07741-0155-41B3-8360-78A7F1903C68.jpeg

8B41C9AD-F0B4-4F25-A686-F2FE3D2F4C05.jpeg

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL. If I had a garage like that I'd have to put in a car wash bay at the entrance to clean it up before entering. Kind of like having to take off your shoes before you go into someones really nice house. :)

Thanks for showing the pic of the gap. Looks perfect for being able to spray between the tube and the plate to get out all the moisture holding gunk.

And I see you've added a snorkle since your original posting of the sliders. Any impressions of the snorkle to share? Any difference in sound under acceleration or at highway speeds? How much does it affect visibility?

-Mike

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here it comes.....:hidesbehindsofa: it actually run/ performs better. I really feel it woke up the truck especially from 40 mph to 90. I put in a flat style factory looking K&N filter and I love the sound that you hear going through the snorkel at wide open throttle. I mean think about it, at 40 mph it’s gotta be like a leaf blower on the intake. Ram air?

Although this truck has gotten looks before the snorkel, everyone looks at it now with a snorkel. Honestly I love the way it looks .

LOL. If I had a garage like that I'd have to put in a car wash bay at the entrance to clean it up before entering. Kind of like having to take off your shoes before you go into someones really nice house. :)

Thanks for showing the pic of the gap. Looks perfect for being able to spray between the tube and the plate to get out all the moisture holding gunk.

And I see you've added a snorkle since your original posting of the sliders. Any impressions of the snorkle to share? Any difference in sound under acceleration or at highway speeds? How much does it affect visibility?

-Mike

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
Just fill the gap with spray foam and then no dirt will get in. Plus it taste like cotton candy.