Install of White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders, full top plate- .188 DOM round tube 2”x4” black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just fill the gap with spray foam and then no dirt will get in. Plus it taste like cotton candy.

Actually, the gap there is a good thing. I was looking at welding the plate to the tube for two perceived benefits. 1. Add rigidity to the sliders. 2. I wanted to get rid of the bolts on top of the plate..

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here it comes.....:hidesbehindsofa: it actually run/ performs better. I really feel it woke up the truck especially from 40 mph to 90. I put in a flat style factory looking K&N filter and I love the sound that you hear going through the snorkel at wide open throttle. I mean think about it, at 40 mph it’s gotta be like a leaf blower on the intake. Ram air?

Although this truck has gotten looks before the snorkel, everyone looks at it now with a snorkel. Honestly I love the way it looks .

Thanks for the feedback. Any chance that the "really feel it woke up..." might be imagined (like thinking a car is faster because it sounds louder)? Not doubting you, but few of us seem to dyno our mods, unlike my motorcycling friends who regularly visit the dyno shop. I had a Vmax (with functional intake scoops) and it turns out that unless you were going over 100 mph they really didn't add any significant difference in hp. In any event, you should be able to ford higher waters now than the stock 30" or so. Getting an electric fan with a manual shutoff switch would also be helpful when crossing deeper waters.

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahhhh V-Boost ehhhh? Lol, I don’t know. I have a Corvette As a performance vehicle, and I did not rely on this truck for performance whatsoever. But I will say when I first bought it I thought it was a dog. I don’t know maybe since the engines getting broken in, the performance seems to be better also?

Come on man, this is the Internet, I can say anything I want and it’s true.

Besides I hear the white power wagons have 15 more horsepower that factory is keeping confidential.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Come on man, this is the Internet, I can say anything I want and it’s true.

Besides I hear the white power wagons have 15 more horsepower that factory is keeping confidential.

LOL. It's the red and grey graphics package black 2015 came with that really bump up the HP. And the red grill slats reduce air intake temps by 30 degrees! :)

Actually, I plasticoated my red grill slats. Must have been 2 crappy cans of black rustoleum pasti coat, as they didn't fully cover the red. Red bleeds through badly in the sunlight. I going to try a different brand and see if that helps.

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
I like the red grill slats. Makes it look angry when its in your review mirror. My 16 doesn't have the red slats. I just want to get rid of all the chrome. :party36::party36::party36::pepper::pepper::pepper:

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the red grill slats. Makes it look angry when its in your review mirror. My 16 doesn't have the red slats. I just want to get rid of all the chrome. :party36::party36::party36::pepper::pepper::pepper:

I'll trade you my red ones for your chrome or clack ones.....

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I finally got my sliders on, the instructions said 2 hours, it took me 2 & 1/2 days the driver side was a pain for sure, I do have a bad shoulder and getting up on age but dam in my younger days, I would have it done in a day for sure. I also install Dethloff engine-transmission skid plate that was another day.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got my sliders on, the instructions said 2 hours, it took me 2 & 1/2 days the driver side was a pain for sure, I do have a bad shoulder and getting up on age but dam in my younger days, I would have it done in a day for sure. I also install Dethloff engine-transmission skid plate that was another day.

Dang, I didnt time myself but Im pretty sure it didn't take me much more than 2 or 3 hours, by myself, with several beverage breaks. There are certainly some tight areas though, thats for sure!!!!!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see that it's bolted through the frame at the front and rear, and over/around the frame on the middle points . . . very interesting.

I wonder if, once aligned and bolted in, you could or should drill a hole through the center of the slider mount and through the frame and bolt through the mount/frame on the middle mount points. It would definitely add a bit more stability/rigidity to the whole setup. Obviously you'd have to remove the slider to clean up and paint the slider and frame holes to stave off rust.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I see that it's bolted through the frame at the front and rear, and over/around the frame on the middle points . . . very interesting.

I wonder if, once aligned and bolted in, you could or should drill a hole through the center of the slider mount and through the frame and bolt through the mount/frame on the middle mount points. It would definitely add a bit more stability/rigidity to the whole setup. Obviously you'd have to remove the slider to clean up and paint the slider and frame holes to stave off rust.
There is only one bolt that goes through the frame, front bottom on both side, it goes where there is a 1" hole in the frame, the mounting plate is different there then the rest.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I dont see one hole in the middle through the frame making these any stronger. Even if it actually did, its not needed. These things are insanely strong as is. Honestly, most likey the only reason they used a hole through the frame in the front mounts is because there is a hole already there.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

You’re trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Gee. Wait 30 more years. 2 1/2 days sounds good. LOL