Install: Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Low Beams **UPDATED WITH NIGHT PICTURES**

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by OnSale, Dec 31, 2016.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    haha....haven't heard that one before.

2. Ed loves guns

Ed loves guns Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Told ya! Hahaha

3. EagleChief

EagleChief Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Big Horn
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    So, finally got my Fluxbeam X bulbs installed last night. I think they work great. MUCH better light output than the stock bulbs. As for radio interference, I noticed it on 2 or 3 stations so far. One of the stations was pretty weak anyway... It would go in & out depending on where I was. It is now gone. The other 2 have some static, but it's slight and not that big of an issue. I have a '14 Big Horn and I used all of the provided resistors/capacitors that were sent.

I drove through town to find a building I could use to aim them... Aimed them to the best I could, not really knowing what I was doing. I only got flashed once with them in. I may have to adjust them again later. I'll have to see the next few times I drive with them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale likes this.
  4. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    very cool...I think i've been hearing that they work pretty good in the reflector housings, but that they are not good in the projector housings

5. BlownGP

BlownGP Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2009 RAM CC Sport
    Engine:
    Good info because no one ever installs these in projectors.
    I want LEDs but don't want to blow $100

Guess I will still stick with my HIDs.

6. lonestar21

lonestar21 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    By any chance did the halos switchback require any resistors or harness to make it plug and play error free?
    I found a set with the switchback installed but I wondering what else will I need to make the headlights work

7. appzattak

appzattak Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Hey all. I just got the FluxBeam X. I installed them last and while trying to adjust them the passenger side went out. I turned everything off and after about 10 minutes I tried again, it came on but it was very late so I turned all off and went to bed. In the morning I checked, it was on. I decided to check it first. Upon getting it all opened up I could smell burned stuff.
    [​IMG]

So it appears stuff got too hot and melted some wire cover. I have yet to reach out to Opt-7 as it is the weekend. So I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Express CC. Pretty much stock. I had talked with them before purchasing and they told me what I needed to buy. In that was I needed the TIPM bundle. In the instructions, it says if you have the TIPM bundle to start on Step 3:
    [​IMG]

Here is what my setup loos like connected.
    [​IMG]

I'm hoping I just got some bad parts that caused this and not that we have to stuff all that inside the housing and it just is not designed to. Does anyone else run these in a stock halogen housing? I did not get as far as to make a breather hole in the dust cap as they suggest, do any of you have that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8. 61N150W

61N150W Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    That 50w 6ohm resistor will get extremely hot and should ideally be mounted to something metal, definitely not inside the housing. Some people will use self tappers and mount to the frame, you can also use band clamps if you want something less permanent.

As a side note to anyone wanting to put HIDs or LEDs in their dual or quad housing low-beams: Please don't. The light scatter is horrific to oncoming traffic. I was that guy once.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. EagleChief

EagleChief Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Big Horn
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I have had mine installed for over a year with no issues. Everything is stuffed inside the quad headlight housing. I didn't add a breather hole in my dust cap, either. I just hooked them up, and stuffed everything inside. Sounds like you may have just received a bad part, unfortunately. I bet they'll get you fixed up with a replacement.

10. appzattak

appzattak Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Well they offered to replace them with no question. However, I decided to just return them. These things are just too bright and the light scatter is crazy, I forsee just having nothing but problems. And I don't feel like taking the time to mount those resistors outside the housing, which would be the safe thing to do.

I think for now I'm just going to get some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. I think they will do a much better job then stock for my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro