Installed 2” drop springs in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the 2” rear lowering springs from pro suspension. Took about an hour, with a little trouble on the left side. Had to pry the original spring out and now I’m tired, but I’m 74 years old. Ha

Anyway, I’m totally pleased with the result. Rides exactly as before, nice and level. Don’t know about heavy loads but springs are progressive.

Three things I noticed. I had to adjust the drivers seat up a tad in the rear to get my seat position reset. Mirrors are fine. It is noticeably easier to get in and out of. I did not expect the seat to be that much lower for entry/exit. I like it. Also, the steering wheel has always been cocked a tad to the left…a degree or two. Now, it is perfectly straight. I can only assume that the pan hard rod shifted a little affecting the geometry of the truck.

I drove it 40 mph, then 60, the 80 and finally 90 looking for and vibration or other issues. Took my hands off the steering wheel at 90 mph, and it tracked straight and true…did not get a ticket. Ha.

By the way, the truck sits perfectly level. Love it

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just installed the 2” rear lowering springs from pro suspension. Took about an hour, with a little trouble on the left side. Had to pry the original spring out and now I’m tired, but I’m 74 years old. Ha

Anyway, I’m totally pleased with the result. Rides exactly as before, nice and level. Don’t know about heavy loads but springs are progressive.

Three things I noticed. I had to adjust the drivers seat up a tad in the rear to get my seat position reset. Mirrors are fine. It is noticeably easier to get in and out of. I did not expect the seat to be that much lower for entry/exit. I like it. Also, the steering wheel has always been cocked a tad to the left…a degree or two. Now, it is perfectly straight. I can only assume that the pan hard rod shifted a little affecting the geometry of the truck.

I drove it 40 mph, then 60, the 80 and finally 90 looking for and vibration or other issues. Took my hands off the steering wheel at 90 mph, and it tracked straight and true…did not get a ticket. Ha.

By the way, the truck sits perfectly level. Love it
Keep an eye on your headlights,they might need a bit of re-aiming. Personally i think they ship the trucks with the headlights aimed on the low side to start with,so unless you're getting flashed i wouldn't worry to much.

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhhh….good point. Never considered that. Thanks

OP