Installed 37’s today. BFG KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I think the ko2 is a great tire in traction and ride but it doesnt last log enough in the wear deparment in my book. Ive gotten 25k miles on two different sets.
The main reason that I didn't purchase the KO2 is their shallow 15/32" tread depth when new. The previous KO design was 16/32". The Duratrac tires start out at 18/32". The majority of mud terrain tires have even a deeper tread depth when new. 6/32" is the minimum legal tread depth requirement for snow on I-80 across the Sierra Nevada Range. I rather start out with at least 18/32" or more on a new set of tires versus tossing out some expensive tires due to they are too quickly worn down for winter usage.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The main reason that I didn't purchase the KO2 is their shallow 15/32" tread depth when new. The previous KO design was 16/32". The Duratrac tires start out at 18/32". The majority of mud terrain tires have even a deeper tread depth when new. 6/32" is the minimum legal tread depth requirement for snow on I-80 across the Sierra Nevada Range. I rather start out with at least 18/32" or more on a new set of tires versus tossing out some expensive tires due to they are too quickly worn down for winter usage.

This is exactly why I tried the falken at3w this time around. I have always had good luck with the bfg’s in the past, but these falkens have 20/32’s on their at. I figured after I drive about two years on these they will still probably have more tread depth than a brand new set of ko2’s.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Have you had them at full flex? I’ll need tires next year and am considering going to a 37” tire with a 1” wheel spacer to give the suspension some room to turn. But I wheel my truck and don’t want the tires to eat the fenders while climbing.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How do you like them over the Duratacs I always used KO2
There is no competition. Night and day difference. Especially in the snow and ice. Not sure how long they will last. I’ve heard stories about them. We will see. I have run this tire on several vehicles. I started out with the STT pros because of all the hype. Big mistake on my part where I live. I bought a spare and looking for a wheel, then I can rotate the spare and hopefully get some good life out of them. I done really tow much so I don’t see why I wouldn’t get descent miles from them.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you had them at full flex? I’ll need tires next year and am considering going to a 37” tire with a 1” wheel spacer to give the suspension some room to turn. But I wheel my truck and don’t want the tires to eat the fenders while climbing.

I’ll let you know when the snow melts enough. Only rubbing I get is at full turn to the right, on the sway bar. It doesn’t bother me. This is the way it should have looked from the factory.

Trail Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What a difference these made in the snow and ice. They rub at full lock on the drivers side part of the sway bar. Here is a pic. Sorry about the quality. It’s so nasty and cold. My truck isn’t going to be clean for a while. Another pic added with mounted height.

View attachment 151144

View attachment 151210

Swapped mine to 37" KO2s right after I picked it up from the dealer. Run them on all my 4x4 vehicles.
The 33s just looked too small. I changed wheels too though, so I didnt rub.

I need to chalk test mine to get the pressures right, but what pressures are you running yours at ?

20190314_100556.jpg

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Swapped mine to 37" KO2s right after I picked it up from the dealer. Run them on all my 4x4 vehicles.
The 33s just looked too small. I changed wheels too though, so I didnt rub.

I need to chalk test mine to get the pressures right, but what pressures are you running yours at ?

View attachment 161734
I’m running about 45 in the front and 38 in the rear. Seems to be wearing nice. Nice ride too. Looks like I could lower them more but I’m fine at that pressure

Trail Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m running about 45 in the front and 38 in the rear. Seems to be wearing nice. Nice ride too. Looks like I could lower them more but I’m fine at that pressure

Thank you, they put mine around 60 front and 55+ in the rear , I may drive it one day a week, so it hasn't had many miles put on to see the wear pattern at that. It does seem a bit darty when on the highway like my Wrangler did with over inflated tires. I'll drop mine down and drive it around the rest of the weekend and see if it feels better. Thanks again for giving me a baseline to experiment around.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you, they put mine around 60 front and 55+ in the rear , I may drive it one day a week, so it hasn't had many miles put on to see the wear pattern at that. It does seem a bit darty when on the highway like my Wrangler did with over inflated tires. I'll drop mine down and drive it around the rest of the weekend and see if it feels better. Thanks again for giving me a baseline to experiment around.
You might want to lower those since 37” KO2s have a 50 psi max pressure. Ouch. No problem. Seems really good at where my psi is set at.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might want to lower those since 37” KO2s have a 50 psi max pressure. Ouch. No problem. Seems really good at where my psi is set at.

Yes, as Reuben said, definitely need to lower them to 50 psi or less before you drive it again!!!