Installed a Sony XAV-AX100 in my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I spent about $250 on dash speakers and speakers for all four doors. I used JBL Club series 3.5” for the dash speakers and JBL Club series 6x9’s in all four doors. The sound was a major improvement over the stock units while still using the stock head unit. I highly recommend them. If you buy them from crutchfields, like I did, they include the harness adapters so it makes it an easy plug and play installation.

Do they have decent low end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beachpatrol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for starting this thread. I just bought out my truck today at the end of its lease and have been jonesing for CarPlay. Just ordered this setup with the Sirius tuner.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Thanks for starting this thread. I just bought out my truck today at the end of its lease and have been jonesing for CarPlay. Just ordered this setup with the Sirius tuner.

Did you get the 200 or 210?

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
If you have factory XM, do these units integrate with it or do you need the maestro unit?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I got the AX100 but also bought the add on XM receiver.

I have bad news for you.

This radio isn’t compatible with the XM tuner. You need an AX200 or AX210.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
If you have factory XM, do these units integrate with it or do you need the maestro unit?

The AX100 is not compatible with XM or Maestro.

AX200 or AX210 for XM.
AX210 for Maestro. I’m almost certain you still need the tuner with a Maestro unit. I did look that up once but I can’t remember. I know the XM/gps antenna lead goes directly to the factory radio so I think you will have to get the add-on tuner.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Dammit!!!

I actually called to place my order too. Looks like I’m cancelling.

Sorry, I think I could’ve been more clear about that in my OP when I mentioned upgrading to the 200 for XM. I see I didn’t specifically say the 100 is not compatible.

You will need the XAV-AX200SXM from crutchfield; it’s $448 and comes with the tuner.

beachpatrol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I think I could’ve been more clear about that in my OP when I mentioned upgrading to the 200 for XM. I see I didn’t specifically say the 100 is not compatible.

You will need the XAV-AX200SXM from crutchfield; it’s $448 and comes with the tuner.

Thanks. It’s no big deal. Just called to cancel my order. Once it’s cleared I’ll probably get the AX200sxm.

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The other two stereos I considered were the Alpine W650 and F259.

I went with this because I figured if alpine is selling an external amp to go with the W650, it must be underpowered, and buying that amp would push the cost up another $200 I think. And as for the F259; the larger screen would’ve been nice, but I decided I didn’t want something that protruded out from the dash. Everything I’d read about the Sony units indicated the sound quality from them is excellent.

The Sony head units have twice the power output over other head units!

Soaringcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8 5.7
Can you still use the steering wheel controls with this radio?