Installed new HU and speakers all around! PICS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lil eye candy for you boys. Installed Pioneer Appradio 3(SPH-DA210) head unit, Polk 3.5" coaxial(DB351) in the dash, Alpine 6.5" components(SPS-610C) in the front doors, and Alpine 6x9 3way(SPS-619) in the rear.
Figured since I put the new HU in might as well accompany her with some output. Gotta say I'm very pleased how it all turned out. Ordered speaker wiring adapters for the dash(71-039) and all the doors(71-050) from crutchfield, made the install quick and easy. Also picked up PAC interface harness for HU(C2R-CHY4) a Metra HU double din install kit and 6x9" to 6.5" adapter for the front doors. And with a few how to searches on here, it was pretty much straight forward. Had to do a tad bit of cutting and fabricating for the front components to fit with the tweeters. Can't complain about anything so far, speakers sound crystal, and have some nuts to them. And the Appradio can do just about anything except pick your nose. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365502.012984.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365523.123448.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365597.384224.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365539.067178.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365549.917044.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374365574.876432.jpg

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
looks great i bet it sounds alot better.

OP
OP
GrandpaSnugglz
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! How does component sound

They sound great. I was debating even putting the tweeter in since I had the 3ways in the back. At first I did on the left and not on the right and sat in the middle for a while balancing back and forth on the HU to see what I liked. There just wasn't enough highs in the middle, it all came from the front stage, barely any coming from the rear. Even with the balance cranked to the rear. If I was to do it again I would probably get components all the way around.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice gear choices!
So if I understand correctly you (now?) have no dash speakers- just the doors? I bet it sounds great!!

OP
OP
GrandpaSnugglz
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice gear choices!
So if I understand correctly you (now?) have no dash speakers- just the doors? I bet it sounds great!!

Nope. I have the dash speakers, which sound amazing. I was just torn on installing the tweeter that comes with the 6.5 component speakers in the front door(which I did).

what's the difference between components and regular speakers? Debating on which route I should go.

Ill let somebody with a little better audio knowledge explain. But if I were to do it again I would put components(with adjustable crossovers) in all 4 doors. I say this but I can't complain about what I have now.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great, and I'm sure it sounds even better.
I'm so close to biting the bullet and getting a damned deck. Soooo close.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
what's the difference between components and regular speakers? Debating on which route i should go.

the tweeter and mid range speaker are separate which allows you to tune the sound better for your liking and have better sound quality...long story short adjustable speakers...lol

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the tweeter and mid range speaker are separate which allows you to tune the sound better for your liking and have better sound quality...long story short adjustable speakers...lol

Additionally, you can place the tweeters up higher to allow you to establish a better 'stage'. The dash speakers in the Gen 4 do a pretty good job of this already.:happy107:

Yo Nadz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
what iPhone holder is that? Any other pics of it??

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like an awesome set up. I am always amazed though that people spend this kind of money and use the stock speaker wire. Not getting to far into it, but with the molex plugs and gauge wire, you loose almost 50% of the frequencies.

I know its easy to go the simple route, but upgrade the wire and you will be amazed. Almost as much as you were with the original change :peace:

OP
OP
GrandpaSnugglz
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what iPhone holder is that? Any other pics of it??

Generic off eBay. Bought 2 so far, the first one suctioned on the dash and I had it lower but it kept falling off, tried 3m tape and still didn't stay. The second and current one pinches on the the AC vent witch works wonderful and is a perfect height. Ill snag a better pic after work

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like an awesome set up. I am always amazed though that people spend this kind of money and use the stock speaker wire. Not getting to far into it, but with the molex plugs and gauge wire, you loose almost 50% of the frequencies.

I know its easy to go the simple route, but upgrade the wire and you will be amazed. Almost as much as you were with the original change :peace:

Not sure about this one.....My 60watt rms going to 100watt rms Alpine 6x9's is perfectly fine through the factory speaker wires. Either the amp is super strong or the speakers aren't up to specs. The wire is still at least 18 gauge which is pretty dang good. I did run 14 gauge to my subs. At home my center channel has been run with both 14 gauge wire and 20 gauge wire with zero difference. Ohms are ohms.... In most cases.:sorry: