Installed New OEM Actuator, get error code B11CB-92 Performance or Operation Incorrect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daywalker2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have replaced the two actuators right behind the temperature control panel (OEM), one after market actuator right behind the glove box, I know there are two more behind the dash. one is right behind the firewall (you have to disconnect and depressurize your a/c) and one you can just access once you remove the dash. I live in montana, on the cold days in the winter it is -40 F so when the driver side doesn't have heat it quite literally hurts. So I have alfaobd and an mx+ obd, after just replacing the two behind the temperature sensor, the defrost actuator passed calibration, and the passenger temp passed calibration. I want to know what is where. I know that for the 2013's you don't have to reclock the actuator, just pull the old one, put in the new one... some say the dual zones the driver side temp is on the back side of the hvac, some say its right behind the glove box, but with those two being brand new, I want to know if one is defective... and I want to know where the damn driver side temp actuator is. I don't think the head unit could be bad as the entire infotainment was replaced by the dealer last fall. so that is where I am at, I am so close to just quitting and paying ram the $2000 to replace the actuators, but my problem is if I pay them to do that, if it doesn't work(maybe it is the wiring harness, or something) I am also having the coolent flushed next week, however I know that the actuator has/is failing it works sometimes. I am at a loss really.

edit #1;
I am not sure the actuators are the issue... I have installed 3 new actuators;
Defrost door(This one I actually think the actuator was bad, installing the new one fixed that problem)
Foot Door, This one I initially installed a doorman actuator, would not calibrate(although I got 4 of these they were all defective, incorrect performance code), though with this foot door it doesn't matter what actuator I put in there, it says incorrect performance, this makes me think something else could be wrong.
There is 1 more door I have replaced with an O'Reilly actuator (under the glove box, the one I believe to be the driver heat), which works sometimes, mostly gives the code not enough travel. though I think replacing this one with an oem part will fix it.. I hope.

has anyone had an issue with the B11CB error code? I am getting that one always on the foot door actuator. I can't get it to actually take a new actuator oem or not. I have already installed a new head unit, but maybe that is the issue??? the B11CB error Code essentially says performance or operation incorrect.

edit #2(re-Write):
Ok so, this winter I have been trying to figure out the issue of my drivers side heating in my 2013 ram 1500. It has Dual Zone climate control, the driver side did not want to get warm. After many many days/months of researching and trying different things here is my current predicament:

I originally got 3 doorman actuators and installed those, however they just would not pass calibration. fail every time. put in the old ones (when it was warmer they work and calibrate). I put in one new one from O'Reilly Auto Parts, I think that one may need to be replaced with the OEM Part... Which is what I did for the foot actuator and the Defrost, OEM actuators fixed my issue for the defrost, it works every time now below 0 or not. So what I have replaced:
defrost mode door: OEM, working! Great!
Foot Door: first doorman, didn't work. Then OEM, won't Calibrate as it gives me a B11CB-92 Error Code, Put in the original, same code will not calibrate, Maybe This isn't an issue with the actuator?
Driver Side Temp: O'Reilly, Not working. I am thinking maybe an OEM will fix this one. currently it won't calibrate as it says the travel is too small.

HERE IS THE KICKER!
I do not think the doors themselves are broken, when it is above 40 degrees the doors calibrate, most of the time. even the old ones. however right now I cannot get the foot actuator to calibrate. I am thinking of replacing the Driver Side Heat with yet another OEM actuator. Hopefully this will fix that issue. When I have the actuators out and operate the doors, they don't grind or anything like that. As they should when I let go you have that thud sound. I had the Head Unit replaced in September, which is also when I bought the truck... does anyone have any further ideas or insight? I have dumped many many hours into this, I am using alfaobd to calibrate/read/clear trouble codes I just want heat. In the winter it gets -40 F Below without the windchill. sometimes -60 with wind chill (Northern Montana)... So Needless To Say I need the Heat.

Last edited: