Installed RC 3” level/lift - now bouncing at 45 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just finally finished the install of a RC 3” suspension Level/lift (new springs / shocks on front, new shocks and block on rear) on a 2004 RAM 1500 single cab, 6.5’ bed with RWD.

Had Cooper Discoverer XLT 285/75R17 tires installed (previous were 265/70R17) on existing wheels and a alignment performed.

The truck seems to pull a bit to the left so I’ll need them to relook at the alignment - but at 45 mpg there is a pronounced bounce which I believe is coming from the rear. Below 45 it seems ok and once I get over 50 mph it settles out again (haven’t gotten it above 55 yet).

I’ve seen some reference that perhaps the tires may be a little over inflated, or others have described something similar at 45 mph and said new shocks solved it - but I’ve got new shocks

Anyone experience anything like this and have suggestions?

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Wheel balance, possible a wheel weight came off, check lug nut torque as well. That’s where I’d start

OP
OP
M

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
seems that it was the wheel balance..... weights were put on the wheel but apparently the surface was not prepped/cleaned properly and some came off - interestingly the out of balance wheel was on the passenger front, but the bounce sure seemed to come from the back - but after taking it back to the tire shop and they re balanced it, all seems OK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963