Installing a new Leather Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparman16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Planning on doing the dash swap this weekend. Does the passenger air bag have to be removed? Everything else I think I understand.

Make sure your negative battery terminal is removed during this whole process. You don’t want to chance the air bags going off.

Once the upper and lower gloveboxes are removed you will see the dash air bag. It’s a rectangular box that is bolted with two 8mm bolts to the metal substructure of the dash. The air bag has several clips that hold it to the plastic dash. Once the two 8mm bolts are removed you can gently pry on the clips to release them from the plastic dash. Just leave the air bag sitting on the metal substructure once you have undone the clips. I never disconnected the wiring to the airbag during my dash swap.

During reinstall you should bring the new dash into the truck and get it roughly in place. Then clip the air bag into the new plastic dash. Finally install the two 8mm bolts.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Make sure your negative battery terminal is removed during this whole process. You don’t want to chance the air bags going off.

Once the upper and lower gloveboxes are removed you will see the dash air bag. It’s a rectangular box that is bolted with two 8mm bolts to the metal substructure of the dash. The air bag has several clips that hold it to the plastic dash. Once the two 8mm bolts are removed you can gently pry on the clips to release them from the plastic dash. Just leave the air bag sitting on the metal substructure once you have undone the clips. I never disconnected the wiring to the airbag during my dash swap.

During reinstall you should bring the new dash into the truck and get it roughly in place. Then clip the air bag into the new plastic dash. Finally install the two 8mm bolts.

Hope this helps

Just what I wanted to know, I will post here how it all came out.

Rgomez1787

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ive been wanting to do this mod for a while. Thanks for the link to where you got the part now time for me to change mine. Let us know what issues you have while changing it.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did they make a leather dash for the older 2009-2012’s? I would love to add this to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro