Installing bilstiens ! *READ*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
quick questions for you guys talking about the washer being installed wrong.

I had a shop install my Bilsteins and now i have squeaking coming from the front when I'm driving off road or on very rough maintained city roads, could the washer be in the wrong spot?

If so, does anyone have a picture or diagram???

Thanks

So I did a lot of things wrong during my install, eventually lll do an anti-DIY so people can read beforehand and see stuff to watch out for lol.
I had the washer in the wrong place and it made a clunky sound when going over the SLIGHTEST bump. It was noticeable immediately. Once I took everything back apart and put the washer in the correct space, I didn't torque the top nut until after I got it aligned since I just had no idea.

After my alignment I was hearing some creaking and thanks for forum member AFMoultion I was able to recognize my error. It was less noticeable than the washer issue and initially thought "oh it must be settling" but definitely was not. Quick way to check it is go inside your wheel well and see if you can spin the nut with your hands f4f45b754cead5ea44cb97d9e5b92681.jpg
There is a hole in the center of those 3 posts that allows the piston top nut to be accessed. Getting your wheel off the ground and letting the suspension fully extend will make this process MUCH easier and will be the only way you can accurately check the torque setting

Also, make sure those top 3 nuts are torqued properly as well! I believe they need to be 45 ft/lbs and they can also cause squeaking and usually need to be checked after the suspension settles anyways since they can back off a bit

Sent via telepathy

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are you guys getting a torque wrench to work on the top strut nut without everything turning?