installing trim on 89 D250 exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO IT'S been a long time since I had my AUTOMOTIVE Paint store.
I need to install that Plastic trim to the side oF my D250
I think I have all the pieces gathered up.
I'm going to call them .. PLASTIC STRIPS ABOUT 4+ INCHES WIDE . CHROME AROUND THE OUT SIDES & ROUGH BLACK SURFACE IN THE CENTER .
BACK HAS 2 STRIPS OF ADHESIVE . to hold them in place . OLD KIND WAS WHITE & I BELIEVE THE LATER STYLE IS NOW GRAY now . HOW DO I GET THE OLD adhesive OFF THE TRIM STRIPS . & HOW SHOULD I clean the doors & fenders .
i'M THINKING clean with Lacquer thinner . I'm thinking I SOLD A 3m product that was designed to place onto the back of my trim & I believe in my day it was #08843. I didn't find this in my search . Is there anything better today.
Thank . I'll be back Wife says we going to supper.
..... SO I Got home .& i'm back to thinking of painting my D250 & Adding that trim SO my Western Hauler Flat Bed D250 will be much Fancier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
After closer looks at all my trim .. I believe this doesn't stick on with that kind of adhesive I was describing . . Mine have those white clips under the trim pieces.
& Dang I believe I'm short on piece .