INSTRUMENT BEZEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUFORDH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L 24 VALVE TURBO DIESEL
My 98 2500 turbo diesel needs a new instrument bezel. Existing bezel includes a cigarette lighter molded into the upper right hand opening. I have not been able to find a replacement with the lighter included and transferring the lighter assembly seems involved. Perhaps a bezel cover is the best solution or perhaps someone knows of a source for replacing the bezel. Would appreciate any sage advice.

OP
OP
B

BUFORDH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for feedback. They do have an overlay, but I did not find a replacement bezel. I've decided to use an overlay since it does not appear anyone is making replacements having the 12V cigarette lighter as an integral part of the bezel.

Stox5225

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Diesel
Wow. They have the full bezel for 94-97. I figured they would have the 98-01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BUFORDH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really appreciate your response. If you look at the bezel in LMC offering, you will see a hole in the upper right. That's a problem for me. That hole needs to be filled with a 12V cigarette lighter assembly. That assembly is heat molded to the bezel. The existing assembly in my truck does not appear to be transferrable without heat to remove it and the new bezel does not have mounting pieces for installation. I think most 98 Rams have the air bag switch in that location and the bezels offered will work for that configuration. It appears my truck is a bit of a rare breed thus it is not worth after market producers to manufacture what I need. Again thanks for your efforts.

tr121336

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L - 360 cid
That upper right is an auxiliary power outlet and the airbag switch sits below it. Only in 98. If you remove via Drexel tool the power outlet, then place it over the posts on back of the new bezel it should work.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
98 is a one year only bezel. The other problem you need to be aware of is the headlight switch changed in 99. The 99+ bezel will fit but you will have a gap around the switch unless you retrofit the newer switch which also means you have to wire in a different connector.

tr121336

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L - 360 cid
Anyone know where I can get the 98.5 headlight switch and wiring harness? I need the turn style headlamp switch and the harness (different plug) than my early 98.