Instrument Cluster Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEMPERFI196670

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2010 Ram had been sitting for about 5 days went to go to the store and the instrument cluster wasn't working. No tach, speedometer, all warning lights on, oil pressure gauge stuck at about 60 psi, some interference with the radio not sure those were all the issues. got online to find answers and most of the fixes were costly. Found a guy that said reset the cluster on his dodge charger tried it on the truck and it reset the cluster but didn't fix the problem. Thought about it for awhile and went out and disconnected the battery and touched the cable ends together to try to drain excess charges from where ever in the system hooked it back up and the problem had been resolved.

TrashPanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello SEMPERF!
That's good that your problem was resolved easily and by the knowledge of hearing another dodge owners story.
I was going to come on and post my issue but after reading your post, I'm going to try what you did first, cant hurt..
My issue is my ICP has started to act like it has a short, sometimes driving or on startup. It clicks and beeps like it shuts off and comes back on in a flash and abs, service light, traction control light and possibly others come on till it just goes normal or after shut it off and restart. Also notice my stock (Alpine system) radio sometimes don't work or the volume comes on full blast and no controls work, not sure if it could be something to do with other problem, just figured I'd mention it in case someone reads this and might know.. going to try what you did and I'll update you.
If problem persists I'll post it and seek help from the smart and knowledgeable people this forum has to offer. 2009 Mega Cab HEMI 5.7

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963