Instrument Cluster/trim problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rch105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just bought, at a KIA dealership, a 2018 RAM "Harvest Edition" Quad with the 5.7. The clear plastic cover on the cluster has a 3" crack at the bottom. My RAM dealer ordered a 68205928AA to repair it. Now the problem starts...

The present trim piece has clips and 4 T-15 screws holding it in, the replacement, only 2 screws. I haven't taken it off yet, but it looks like my old one's clear plastic lens is glued fast to the cluster. YouTube videos aren't of help.

I'll post pics later hoping that will help.I don't care to buy the entire cluster at over $800.00

Any Suggestions?

OP
OP
R

rch105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I decided to tackle this earlier this morning. I rewatched the Youtube video and I apparently didn't understand a few things. That video was right on and I could only add that it might be best to make certain your tilt wheel is all the way down, AND... you turn the wheel to give you the most room at the top so it's easier to remove the trim and cluster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn