Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance in New York. Am I overpaying?

Discussion in 'Regional' started by cory733, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Jstmahoney

Jstmahoney Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    I’m in California so you know I’m probably getting ripped off lol. I just paid my 6
    Month policy and it was almost 1200. So a hair under 200. Full coverage on both vehicles. No accidents, nothing. Multiple car and driver discounts as well as good driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    had my two harleys with geico for many years but now everything we have is with usaa. 2 bikes/travel trailer/ two vehicles/house/IRA's/investsments..rates seem about the same as everyone else as most items in the bill are regulated by the state but their customer service has been great the couple times we had to make a claim. got a free 1000$ coupon from usaa to use when I bought my ram truck.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  3. RAMVT

RAMVT Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I pay $136 a month for my wifes 2018 Cherokee and my 2019 RAM through Geico. Full coverage on both. Rental coverage, Mechanical breakdown coverage etc....

My wife has two speeding tickets and a seat belt ticket. I have an uninsured motorist claim from a year and a half ago as well. Our rate has stayed the same except for when it actually went down 6 months after I turned 25.

runamuck and tidefan1967 like this.
  4. Mega-Hemi

Mega-Hemi US AIR FORCE '08-'18 Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 HEMI
    I’ve tried USAA every time my policy is up and they’ve never been able to touch GEICO. I’ve had more claims on GEICO than I’d like to admit (just filed another today after hitting a deer last Monday night), mostly no-fault, and a few tickets over the years. I have my ‘13 Cummins, Wife’s ‘16 Mitsubishi Outlander, an ‘08 Harley Heritage and an ‘07 35’ Crossroads Cruiser fifth wheel camper (full coverage for all at max allowances) and pay less than what the OP quoted. And I live in NY.

I guess my point is everyone’s experiences are different and you can’t compare one persons experience with auto insurance with another’s. All anyone can do is throw a company name at you and the rest is on you to call and get a quote. I go through the motions every 6 months and end up right back with GEICO. I did switch a few times over the last decade or so, but ended up back with GEICO after 6 more months.

tidefan1967 likes this.