Interested in PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Isn’t a warm block less harsh on cold start climates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less harsh? Probably I suppose. Is it needed though, that I am not sure. All of my vehicles have been started in the winter with no block heater in negative temps before...never had any issues from it that I know of.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Sweet! You’re the one that waited quite a while for delivery right.. I’m looking at one right now with level 1, tow tech, off-road package, sprayed bed with 8.4 unconnect @$63k... if dealer is as awesome as yours, ill be joining in the club lol
I'm not the only one, but yeah I waited 4 months.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Less harsh? Probably I suppose. Is it needed though, that I am not sure. All of my vehicles have been started in the winter with no block heater in negative temps before...never had any issues from it that I know of.

time for me to google and research

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I live in the midwest.
Winter is only 5 months long here(unlike Canada).
I work 3rd shift so I'm heading out around midnight.
The last vehicle I've owned with a block heater was my 1990 Ramcharger.
Since then I've had 2008 1500 Bighorn, 2014 JKU Sahara, 2019 Ram Laramie, and now my PowerWagon.
No issues and they were all parked outside all winter.
I ordered my PW and didn't even consider adding a block heater.

big-red-truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update... while the PW tows our 10,000 pound camper smoothly without any issues, and I absolutely LOVED the PW... on the way back from Florida to Colorado, slowly climbing from 0 to 5280 ft in elevation, our average gas mileage was 4 - 5 mpg, on the way down we averaged 7 - 8 which I thought was bad but I could deal with it... so, with mixed feelings I upgraded to a new 2500 Cummins Desiel with a mega cab - loving it so far

Keith67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update... while the PW tows our 10,000 pound camper smoothly without any issues, and I absolutely LOVED the PW... on the way back from Florida to Colorado, slowly climbing from 0 to 5280 ft in elevation, our average gas mileage was 4 - 5 mpg, on the way down we averaged 7 - 8 which I thought was bad but I could deal with it... so, with mixed feelings I upgraded to a new 2500 Cummins Desiel with a mega cab - loving it so far
My guess is you’ll get 12mpg towing 10k with that truck regardless of elevation or grade. I had a 2018 2500 Cummins and it was amazing for towing. Terrible off-road though. I would limit it to 5th and it would lock the converter and sit at 2,000rpm all day. It would never downshift, just build more boost on grades. All about priorities. Little more maintenance but worth it if you tow a lot. They’re amazing engines. It’s such a relaxing experience towing with them. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long as you’re loving it and it’s doing you good that’s what it’s about. I’ve debated back and forth but just don’t need the diesel. Some would say better to have and not need but i have no plans to tow/haul much if anything.