Interesting class action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was not speaking directly to this, nor just to RAM, just overall. People look for reasons to sue right now.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is nothing but a group of lawyers "fishing" for a case to make money on. Even if they won something the owners would get next to nothing and the lawyers will get 10's of millions of $.
They scour the internet looking for complaints to make cases out of. No one wins here but the lawyers.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is nothing but a group of lawyers "fishing" for a case to make money on. Even if they won something the owners would get next to nothing and the lawyers will get 10's of millions of $.
They scour the internet looking for complaints to make cases out of. No one wins here but the lawyers.

And if the lawyers win, it lights a fire under the manufacturers rears to have to straighten out problems they are well aware of, but hope to ignore long enough and then they will go away.
Everybody hates lawyers...until they need one.

v7tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l

v7tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Though I wouldn't jump at the chance to line their coffers to just get like $5 compensation in the end. If they somehow locked in a drivetrain extension or recall for a new rack w/ extended warranty, go for it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I hate annoying problems like anyone else, but dang I would hate to be a manufacturer right now. Problem is, if you don't make a PERFECT vehicle that lasts 500,000 miles without a single part having an issue you get SUED.

I have to wonder how many vehicle buyers do PERFECT work 100% of the time in their own occupation?
Not really. The broken manifold bolts and lifter cam failure have plagued the 4th gen since it’s introduction. It should have been addressed. Do you really believe fca couldn’t come up with a better longer lasting 4td brake light seal? These trucks now cost more than my first house. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect quality in the parts used in our trucks.

Slusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Class action lawsuits serve one purpose, make attorneys rich.
The point of the class action isn’t to get a big win for each individual person, but to meaningfully impact to organization and hopefully serve as a deterrent for others. You may get $10, and the attorneys may get new boats, but the company will remember the fine and others will notice.

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the cabin vent in the back leaking. Mine were shot after 3 years since its considered trim it wasn't covered, trime is only covered for 12 months. I guess their defintion of bumper to bumper differs from mine. Dealer wanted 250 to change them, the parts are 10 bucks, oh and the vents have a new part number as well. Hopefully I'll get more than 3 years out of these. At least my CHMSL is all shiny, bright and new, replaced it and still had the leak.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine