Interior dome LED’s still glow after the truck is off any solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
check your dimmer switch on the dash left of the steering column

OP
OP
J

jesus Arevalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Yes I checked the dimmer switch I turned it all the down and completely off (until it clicks at the bottom) and the light itself is still illuminated.. it’s not terribly bright just a light glow it looks brighter in the picture provided then it actually is. I really don’t mind it I just don’t know if it’s normal or if it will eventually drain my battery idk.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Replace the LED with the stock bulb. See if the issue goes away. If it is OK with the stock bulb then the LED is the cause, it may need a resister across the circuit to increase the load or you can possibly find a plug and play LED with won't cause the problem. If the stock bulb does not fix the problem the you get to chase a transient voltage problem, start checking the wiring.

Mike

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You know, I replaced my under hood light with an LED bulb, and when I disconnected the batteries to work on some thing else, that bulb stayed lit for several minutes. Not sure if that was the airbag discharging and creating enough current to power the light or what. It was kind of eery though.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the light ever go out or does it stay on indefinitely?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
For some reason LEDs keep some current going to them even when you turn off a vehicle ... I was looking at a video of my truck after I turn it off and noticed that my leds were blinking but I was only able to tell by looking at the video .. I then took a video of a mustang that I just detailed and same thing with it, the headlights are LEDs on it too and you can tell on the video that they still have current going to them or something is still going on but only if you look at it in a video ...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year, trim truck? Did U replace the bulbs or did it come with it? I replaced the incandescent in both MY 15 ED and MY 19 Bighorn Hemi with no issues like U describe. I also used the same bulbs from MY 15 for the MY 19 also.

Like MIKET said: replace back with stock bulb, still issue, U get to play find the current issue. And that is neva funny.

IMG_0798.JPGIMG_0800.JPGLED FESTOON DOME.JPGLED Interior.JPGupper console.JPG

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does this too until the truck goes to sleep. Like when the cluster and everything finally dims.