Interior Grounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastSdime

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum 360
Having isses where my A/C & heater controls and heated mirrors turn off and on when they feel like it. To the point of that if my heat is blowing and I turn on the blinker my heater turns on and off with the blinker. Been told its a ground issue. So I want to run all the ground wires but figured I should figure out where factory grounds at to trace everything.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would start by looking for the main grounding wires.
If they get messed up/corroded, all the devices start competing for any other ground paths that are available.
Since so many devices are affected, I would think the trouble lies in something that would be common to them, rather than many individual problems.

I'd start in the engine compartment at the negative battery terminal and look for large gauge wires from there and follow them.
They should lead you to a chassis ground point and also check for a ground bus from the fuse box.

Also the ground strapping on the engine block.

Wiggle and pull on the wires. If you find anything looking weak or corroded, be ready to change it.

You may not need to go much further.