Interior LED Lighting Strips 22 Ram 2500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatgrunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Folks,
I added some RED Led light strips to give my truck the Glow today lol. I went with red, so it doesn’t glare and mess-up my night vision plus when hunting the red light is not as bright while getting ready. The only thing I need to work on is how to change the Dome lights from white to red. I have a company I need to contact to see if they have will just sell them boards. If not while driving are white lights are off anyway once, you shut the doors. The RED comes on with the opening of the doors and shutoff automatically the front seats also dim/brighten with the driver’s side controls. I used the Alpena LEDS from Walmart 24inch strips in a 2 pack with wiring for $19.99. I did also pick up some 18ga wire red and black to run the ones under the drivers and passenger seat.

Time: 90min or less

I will get a quick video up tomorrow.

Materials (Some are optional)

Side Cutters
Zip Ties
Rubbing Alcohol and Rag
Wire Strippers
Black and Red Electrical Tape
Sodder and Gun (You could just use wire taps)
I used 7x LED Strips (1x Extra for another project)

Backseat Install Drivers Side

Step 1: Locate and unplug the Back Seat drivers side puddle light located under the seat. After you disconnect the puddle light from the harness cut the wires about 3inches behind the puddle light. This will Leave room if you ever want to reconnect them.

Step 2: Take 1x 24inch Alpena LED wires Black/Red and connect them to the harness black and Red.

Step 3: Use rubbing alcohol and clean the rail located under the backseat so the LEDS can adhere to the metal.

Step 4: Stick LEDS to the metal underneath seat.

Step 5: Hide wires in seat springs or ziptie.

Step 6: Plug in Harness

Step 7: Finished this side.

Backseat Install Passenger Side

Exactly same as Drivers Side except you use 2x LED Strips or 1x LED Strip if you prefer.

Driver Side Under Seat and Dash Install

Step 1: Locate and unplug the driver’s side puddle light located under dash by the Hood release.

Step 2: I utilized the Black Wire and the White with Green Tracer (this wire allowed me to dim the lights). The Middle wire (Yellow with Purple Tracer) just lit them up and turned them off with the interior lights.

Step 3: Inside the Light kits comes a double ended connector. I cut this in half and added about 3ft of wire. This wire will be utilized to connect the the LED Strip under the seat and the Dash together.

Step 4: Attach the LED under the seat to the rail closest to the exterior of the truck run the wire/tuck it under the center console up the dash.

Step 5. Mount the LED strip under the Dash I zipped tied this one in two spots since I couldn’t find a great place to stick it.

Step 6. Connect the LED Strip under the dash to the wire ran in Step 4.

Step 7. Connect the Harness back together.

Step 8: Finished.

Passenger Side Under Seat and Dash Install

Step 1: Locate and unplug the passenger side puddle light located under glove box.

Step 2. Repeat all the same Steps above to Step 4.

Step 3. Only change on this seat I mounted the LED Strip to on the seat rail closes to the center console.

Step 4. Repeat Steps 5-8 Above except on passenger side.

OP
OP
C

combatgrunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Here is the finished Glow. Will do the video this morning.

Attachments

• Back Seat.jpg
    Back Seat.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Drive side.jpg
    Drive side.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
C

combatgrunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah it came out great I just can’t change the white lights they are less into the circuit boards.