Interior light flicker (LED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWALTON57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L V6
Not finding much info out there online but I have a 2001 Ram that I have put all new LEDs inside and out for safety due to vehicles age and my eyesight at night not as sharp as it was when I first bought it and I do most of my driving at night due to work hours. The exterior lights have no issue with flicker/dimming and I replaced the relay when doing so opting not to cut/splice wires etc. However my interior panel cluster rarely and cabin light mainly flicker annoyingly when on until it goes out or it’s turned off when I’m using it. The cluster doesn’t seem to have much issue other than seeming really dim maybe popping a light out very few months. I’ve tried different brands of the 194/T10 LEDs and they all seem to be flawed with this so could this be a wiring issue and if so, not an electrician, how much hassle is it to rewire and where would the issue be to resolve this? Are there any schematics or anything available these days to go about fixing this or am I overlooking something simple that can be done. Truck is completely stock minus the bulbs and I’d like to keep as close to stock as possible but just enhance the safety of driving it.