Interior Light Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it turns out that this issue has something to do with my remote start/alarm bypass unit. I ended up unplugging it, reflashing it and at the start of reflashing it, the dome lights work as they should. I ordered a new one to see if it's just the module. If the new module flashes with no problem and the lights work then I am good, if not then I will have to look at my wiring. I could have looked at the wiring first but I really just did not feel like it ::lazy::
FYI: I have a Viper 5706v and an iDataLink AL-CA module
In the past I had a Viper 5901 and a DEI DBALL3 which the DBALL3 started giving me errors on trunk open and although i was able to mitigate it, it did keep coming back so i just changed the system.

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it turns out that this issue has something to do with my remote start/alarm bypass unit. I ended up unplugging it, reflashing it and at the start of reflashing it, the dome lights work as they should. I ordered a new one to see if it's just the module. If the new module flashes with no problem and the lights work then I am good, if not then I will have to look at my wiring. I could have looked at the wiring first but I really just did not feel like it ::lazy::
FYI: I have a Viper 5706v and an iDataLink AL-CA module
In the past I had a Viper 5901 and a DEI DBALL3 which the DBALL3 started giving me errors on trunk open and although i was able to mitigate it, it did keep coming back so i just changed the system.

That is interesting. Mine didnt work so great over the weekend and I have a Viper remote start as well.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is interesting. Mine didnt work so great over the weekend and I have a Viper remote start as well.
Do you know what bypass you have installed? I ordered a new module that will be here tomorrow so I will update once I try that out and see what the deal is. I have not run into an issue like this before with the interior lights.

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know what bypass you have installed? I ordered a new module that will be here tomorrow so I will update once I try that out and see what the deal is. I have not run into an issue like this before with the interior lights.

I don't. I have just a basic Viper remote start. Had it installed where I bought it.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ther
I don't. I have just a basic Viper remote start. Had it installed where I bought it.
there should be some type of bypass in there depending on what they use but it seems that there could be something with the bypasses that are causing this in the trucks.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So at the end of the day, my interior lights are working.
I thought it could have been the bypass module from my Remote Start/Alarm. Replaced that and in doing so, when it was first programming, the lights works and then went out within 30 seconds.
Friday night, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and then reconnected and all is well and working.
Thanks all for the help and advice!
Long story short when troubleshooting ... plug it out and then plug it back in.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
So it was the bypass module for the remote start?

I have the problems with my dome lights.

Freezelagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Check your settings in the instrument cluster menu..there's options for illumination and lights off delay..and for those wondering yes an aftermarket alarm and remote start can affect the lighting. It's connected to circuits of the BCM which controls lights locks etc. The can bus may have programs that work off of certain conditions and/or resistance values of the lighting circuits. It's possible these values are modified with an alarm system...