Interior light LED swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

im_deaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
My 15 Express was intermittently not turning the interior lights on after swapping to LED. I ended up turning the instrument cluster dimmer all the way to the left for a couple of days so the lights couldn't even try to come on and then I turned it back to its normal position and they've worked fine ever since. Not sure why that worked but it's been good for 4 weeks now. Maybe doing that reset something with the canbus system? I dunno but it worked

I'm having the same issue, my LEDs aren't canbus so I'm trying your trick in hope it works, will update thanks bud

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 15 Express was intermittently not turning the interior lights on after swapping to LED. I ended up turning the instrument cluster dimmer all the way to the left for a couple of days so the lights couldn't even try to come on and then I turned it back to its normal position and they've worked fine ever since. Not sure why that worked but it's been good for 4 weeks now. Maybe doing that reset something with the canbus system? I dunno but it worked

I just changed my map lights from the incandescent 194 bulbs to Sylvania Zevo LED 194 replacements, the lights work when doors open, or when I turn the dial to turn them on. The problem I have is they no longer turn on manually when you click the lens unless the key is in the on position. I'm going to try this trick and see if it helps will update either way any other input would be appreciated.

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the turning the switch trick did not sole the issue, I replaced one of the led bulbs with a regular incandescent and it worked like it should, then put the led back in and it seemed like it was working fine, 2 hours later it was back to not working unless the key was in the on position. Did some more research and a conversation with Benny at allmoparparts.com
and we came up to try this solution I purchased Non-Polar CANBUS error free 194 replacement LED Pods and all is good now just an FYI that worked to solve my issue hope this information may be of use to others here. Just an FYI my truck is a 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Express

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the turning the switch trick did not sole the issue, I replaced one of the led bulbs with a regular incandescent and it worked like it should, then put the led back in and it seemed like it was working fine, 2 hours later it was back to not working unless the key was in the on position. Did some more research and a conversation with Benny at allmoparparts.com
and we came up to try this solution I purchased Non-Polar CANBUS error free 194 replacement LED Pods and all is good now just an FYI that worked to solve my issue hope this information may be of use to others here. Just an FYI my truck is a 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Express

you happen to have a link to those leds by any chance?